I got a good scare this weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Warren

Reaction score
I fished a club T this weekend in Columbus, MS and was supposed to go non boater since I hadn't fished the lake before. At the last minute that changed so I took my 2001 PT175 down on Friday with 2 other boats to prefish. Columbus can be trechorous due to stump fields. To make matters worse, it was muddyed up real good. I was following one of the boats to an area about 75 yards behind him so I would know I was in the channel and we were going WOT. All of a sudden I hit something solid and the boat lunged and the motor shut down when the kill switch cord pulled out. I checked out the motor and no damage, started up and fished. When I pulled out on the trailer, I checked over the bottom and only had a small nick on the bottom. As hard as I hit whatever it was, I was sure I had tore the heck out of the boat. I must say that I was pretty impressed with how the boat held up. I even checked out the battery compartment and everything including the pumps were still intact. I am very happy now that I got the new welded hull. It held together just fine. BTW, I was running 45 on my GPS with the 75 and when trimmed up, ran very smooth, even in some good chop. It even handled well running past a barge on the TennTom. I can say now first hand that I cannot find anything wrong with the new Tracker welded boats.

One final passing word - Keep your kill switch cord attached at all times when running. If mine wouldn't have been attached, I probably would have lost control and hit the bank since I was about 20 feet from it.

Bet that did scare the hell out of ya, would me! Just a comment here, but
I've got insureance on mine, I was told it would cover ANY thing that was
damaged during water time or parked. I dont think I can say the name, but
the letters are SF. Its funny the bank didnt required insureance, but Im glad
I have it. It also has a liability coverage of 300,000 dollars. Some tournys
Ive seen you have to have min. of 100,000 before entering. Deductable is
250.00 dollars.

Just some FYI !

Congratulations on the fine finish, Scott!

I'm fishing my first tournament this weekend..... Figure it ought to be pretty easy to finish in at least the top 10...... It's right here in Missouri. I'm one of the oldest, if not THE oldest participant which makes me most cunning of all the guys. I ALWAYS get plenty of sleep! I ALWAYS keep my cool under pressure. I ALWAYS fight right to the end. And having only six or eight guys registered helps, too!

Scott

Latest posts

Back