I found auto parts store brake shoes that'll fit tracker trailers!!

• Thread starter Charlie Richardson
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Richardson

Reaction score
After checking with several trailer dealers looking for brake shoes for my trailer and being told that I had to buy the complete kit that includes the backing plate ,etc. The cost was gonna run me almost $300 to do both axles, so being the tightwad I am I pulled a set of shoes off and carried them to the local auto parts store and the guy matched them up to a set of shoes for a mid 60s Ford or Mercury car. The cost? $27 for both axles. The part # is B154, Promaster made by NJA brake products. Hope this will save someone some money when it comes brake time...Cmack

No matter which trailer you have, you should be able to match the shoes to a common automotive part number. The manufacturers are not going to go to the expense of designing their own!

If the person on the parts counter can't identify the shoe, he may be able to identify it by the numbers stamped on it in cross-references published by rebuilders. It's been about 15 years since I was in the business, so I don't know if these cross-references are available to the counter-person on the newer computer system...... But they certainly can get the info by calling their warehouses.

me!

Latest posts

Back