Hydrofoil/tournament v18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve panko

Reaction score
Anyone have a hydrofoil on a tracker tournament v18, and if so, any positive results. The reason I'm asking is while fishing alone, the boat leans to the driver side bad at slower speeds. I have a 115 optmax and been playing around with different props, with no luck.

If it only leans while under power I would say your trim tab is out of adjustment. I dont believe a hydrofoil is going to help that issue.

What I learned on my my txs17. Is that I had more prop than boat. At no wake speeds it leaned pretty good. Wot or just on plane was fine. Adding a foil created more slow speed problems than it was worth. What I ended up doing was moving tackle, tools and stuff around to find a good balance. Hope that helps.

Bruce

I just recently purchased a Tournament 18V and have the same issue. The prop that came on the boat, a 21 aluminum will partly level the boat w/o a passenger once you begin to trim. To help eliminate this problem, ballast will have to be added under the passenger seat, when fishing alone.
Today, I tried a different prop, and it made the leaning problem worse when power and trim was applied. I may be wrong, but I believe a prop w/a lot of stern lift will help this situation.
I have a thread started under PROPS, looking for in put on finding the correct prop for this hull. Mine is powered by a 90 Mercury. Larry in western Ky.

Latest posts

Back