Hydraulic steering

Nitro & Tracker Boat Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro & Tracker Boat Owners Forum:

Testy

Reaction score
Have a 98 Nitro Tracker 640lx with a 75hp Tracker Force. Trying to determine if I can install a hydraulic steering system in it. Was checking out the SeaStar and Baystar systems. The Baystar system seems like it would be best with the 75hp motor we have. I have not been convinced it will work. One tech says it will and another says it won’t. Has anyone installed one on a 75 hp motor?

byron cooley

Reaction score
I have a 2004 640LX with a tweaked 75hp optimax. I replaced the cable sreering with Baystar years ago, you can steer at low speed with 1 finger, you can let go of steering wheel at full throttle and it runs strait, ( not recommending that).
Was a 1 day project for me. Best upgrade ever.

JohnB

Reaction score
Yes it will work. The SeaStar kits are decent and some with good instructions. You can contact them directly for specific guidance.

Testy

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures too. We do not have the exact same motor even though they are both 75hp. Makes me believe it will work on ours.

Testy

Reaction score
We are going to try a different pivot plate. Maybe then the arms on the cylinder will connect. It will be here early next week.

Latest posts