hummingbird sideimaging

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar graf

Reaction score
hey guys. I have a question for newer nitro owners. I have a nitro z-8, 2010. I recently purchased a hummingbird 998. The back of the boat really isnt flat, seems as if everything is rounded off. Does anyone know the best position to mount the transducer?

Do you have a jackplate on it? After careful consideration of all mounting options, I chose to mount my Structure Scan transducer on my jackplate. There is a kit available to do the job, made by Transducer Shield and Saver. They can be found here:

http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/home/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=82

I've used TS&S products before, and their stuff is top notch. I currently have their SSC-1 shield installed on my trolling motor and it works great.

However, I have a hole shot plate on mine, and I decided to save some cash and just manufacture my own wedge and mount system at home. Took me about an hour, including fabrication time. Mine works perfectly there, and is well protected.

All the best,

Glenn

I just mounted my HB 1197si to my jackplate as well on my 2006 procraft 200sp. i cant see spending another $100 on tss(shield saver) so i also fabricated my own out of metal i got from Home Depot they use in the lumber dept. I only had to drill one hole in my jackplate and was able to use one of the big bolts that secured the jack plate. does really well. i would not put one of the bigger transducers straight on the hull, they are big and heavy. good luck.

I have a 2008 Z-7, mounted my transducer just inboard of the jackplate on the transom, one guy I know mounted his to the jackplate. If you take a look at the Yahoo SI group or Humminbird board on Bass Boat Central there are a lot of good install pics on both.

Latest posts

Back