Humminbird gps998c si

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is is any gps (waypoint) accuracy increase or reduction between a 998C SI bought last year with external antennea and a new (same model) Humminbird with the internal antennea?
Thanks,
Brantley

LoL, way to technical for me. I guess my question should have been more specific I.E. would an external antennea be better for finding a specific spot on or under water as opposed to an internal antennea??
Thanks,
Brantley

again, it depends on the antenna, generally yes but lots of conditions apply, so can't say.

Generally the external GPS Receiver will be, but mostly because it can (and should) be mounted as directly over the transducer the unit is using as you can get it. Any horizontal distance between the transducer and GPS Receiver could lead to double that distance in inaccuracy for any waypoints that are marked from the sonar. This would be in addition to the overall inaccuracy of the GPS system that we are allowed to use.

Latest posts

Back