How's the ProTeam 175?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
That's the exact boat that I have and it does more than I expected. The hull design gives a great ride in rough water. Easy on gas, nothing to tow, and loads of room. Get the Special Edition package and you'll get the on-board charger, swing-away trailer, chrome wheels, and the large Plano tackle boxes. 40 hp will push the boat into the high twenties and for me that is fine. I would like to go faster but I paid cash for my boat and couldn't spend the extra money for more horses. But for the record, it takes forever to use up 22 gallons of fuel. Good luck.

Bear

Do a search on this board for "175" and you'll see a lot of good comments from a number of 175 owners. I've got a 2000 Pro Crappie 175 w/40hp (same hull/motor with a slightly different deck layout) and LOVE IT. As Barry said i'm getting 30-31 w/just me and 28-29 with 3 folks and our gear. Boat handles waves/swells like a champ upto 3 footers easy.

Also agree w/Barry is you are buying new get the Special Edition package, I had to get each item individualy on mine (package not available on PC 175). My only change would be get the Galvanized trailer instead of painted (I didn't and wish I had) especialy if you think of ever going in brackish or saltwater.

TrepMan

I purchased my Pro Team 175 in March 2001.The special edition came with on board charger,boat cover and I paid an extra $100 for the galvanized trailer. My 50 hp is fast enough on the water for me and my wife. The only problem is I don't get out enough to fish. If the Lord lets me live to the end of the year then I can fish more often.

Latest posts

Back