Howdy from Bryan Texas!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas wilson

Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a 2005 901CDX.
Boat is in excellent shape with a 200 mercury with less than 400 hrs.
I will now scroll down and start asking questions!
Happy fishing!
Tom

Hello there. Sounds like a great boat. If you're ever on lake whitney gimme a shout. I usually can be found in the cedar creek area.

Hello there. Sounds like a great boat. If you're ever on lake whitney gimme a shout. I usually can be found in the cedar creek area.

Thanks,
Lake Whitney is one of the places on the short list.
Really want a smallmouth on the wall, never seen one.
Tom

My youngest used to motocross race at Whitney. Never been to the lake. Plan to some day.

Hi! new member! I need help and advice. Just bought a 1993 17' nitro dc Rick clunn edition. No manual and pretty much impossible for me to find one the previous own had no answers as well. It just needs some tlc which I'm willing to do. My 1st question is on the opposite side of the boat from the gas intake is some kind of vent I think when I got it it had a plastic cap like a water bottle top and it was ducted covering a round threaded metal knob there is a hose attached to it it's not accessable but I can reach in side the hull and feel it. I thought it might be a air inlet to the gas tank so as you use gas it's displaced by the air but doesn't the gas cap do that? There is obviously a fixture that fits on it but it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack! Help!

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_142931573_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210827_142931573_HDR.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi! new member! I need help and advice. Just bought a 1993 17' nitro dc Rick clunn edition. No manual and pretty much impossible for me to find one the previous own had no answers as well. It just needs some tlc which I'm willing to do. My 1st question is on the opposite side of the boat from the gas intake is some kind of vent I think when I got it it had a plastic cap like a water bottle top and it was ducted covering a round threaded metal knob there is a hose attached to it it's not accessable but I can reach in side the hull and feel it. I thought it might be a air inlet to the gas tank so as you use gas it's displaced by the air but doesn't the gas cap do that? There is obviously a fixture that fits on it but it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack! Help!
Does it have a charging system on it?
Could it be a home made port for an extension cord?
Hmm.......

Johnnyb,
That's the gas tank vent for sure, you should replace the vent with a new one so you don't get any water in your fuel tank. Or go with a vented fill cap assembly. You will have to run the vent hose to the fill. By Coast Guard rules the vent should not expel fuel over board by todays standard. Back then it was ok.

Latest posts

Back