How'd you like to have THIS dream?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
I've got cabin fever bad, and I'mgetting ancy about our trout trip on Feb 2. It will be the first "real" trip with the TV18.

Lake Taneycomo in Branson has a trophy trout section up near Table Rock Dam. If the Corps is generating electriciy with wide open generators, the lake/river runs about eight feet deep. If the gates are closed, there are sections where the water is less than two feet deep. You have to know where the original river channel is to get a boat up into these trophy sections.

At one point, there is a clump of old rebar (left over from the construction of the dam) that sticks up out of the lake bed. If the water is off, it will poke out of the water. If the water is running, it will hide just beneath the surface.

Last night, after I finally went to bed, I had a dream that we were running in the channel on plane at WOT. Guess what I hit? My brand new boat with three really big holes in the bottom, stopped cold by a clump of rebar. OUCH!

I don't think I'll go up into that section if the water is running!

Mark

tie some empty bleach bottles to them!!...Atleast you'll know where they are!! Even if it is in your dreams!..HA

No, just didn't see the rebar because of all the Corona bottles and lime peels!

Know exactly where you're talking about MOFish...caught a 14# brown in the riffles there when I was in college. Also saw a guy drown there a few years ago...wouldn't stop fishing after they blew the horn. Guess he made just one too many casts. Shouldn't be hard to keep boat away from that spot when the rivers up, though. Just stay to the right of the big island!

Thanks, Adam! We've run our 16 foot Tracker Sportsman through there when only one generator was on, and the skeg of the 25 Mariner was just skimming the gravel. This will be an experience trying to take a bigger V-hull with a Merc 150 up in there. I think I'll only try it if three or more generators are up. That'll give me about three extra feet of confidence.

And Ken, thems trouts luv sparkles, too!

Oh, on another post I asked about a basic emergency tool kit.

In this case, maybe a hacksaw would be in order!

'dem bassus, 'dem bassus

keep kicking my assus

'cuz sumtimes I ketch 'em

but most times I don't

I don't unnerstand

what kind of a plan

will help me put bassus

inside of my bote

Scents I have sprinkled

I tride thangs that twinkle

I've even used wurms

with bobbers that float

i think now i know

the way I should I go

"'dem bassus luv sparkles" (c)

dat's the end of my quote.

So I got me a new bote

a big motor so black

to go huntin

Guess MOfish will be writing and reading Ken's inaugural address...cabin fever getting to people?

Latest posts

Back