How to unplug Mercury 90HP "peehole"

• Thread starter Dave Clark [IMG]http://www.jump.net/~davec/fishing
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Clark

Reaction score
I got into some shallow water and I think I sucked up lot of crud into the water system. I have no H2O pressure guage, but water *barely* trickles out the peehole. It used to shoot out pretty good when I first got it (1995), but gradually the amount lessened. Now it is next to none coming out, so I want to clean out the system. I put the cups on and blasted water through to no avail. How does one go about cleaning it out?

BTW, me and my regular partner took his wife with us, she beat us with biggest fish, most fish, and multi-species, she had a bluegill on crankbait as well as a few bass... Here's a pic of the first one...

megan.jpg

Worked like a charm, it's as good as new! I've never really thought about it, but is the tattle tale hole just an indicator that water is flowing unobstructed and most water goes out the hub? Because it sure seems alot going in and not much coming out if that's the only outlet...

Now I gotta go redeem myself and catch some keeper bass. Today was the first time in five outings that I caught no keepers. The last five outings I caught nothing but keepers. Law of averages at work here...

Latest posts

Back