How Many

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Wilson

Reaction score
How many customers have been lost by bass pro. I have read about many quality issues with these bass boats and what i have learned is that if your problem is serious (poor quality, poor and dangerous handling) and other issues there is a very good chance that they will not stand behind it. No matter the year of the boat they should be embarrassed to have a boat built by them on the water that has issues. How many customers have they lost. NOT ENOUGH, YET!

I do own a nitro. I hope every potential nitro customer reads this post and I can share responsibility for them not making a costly mistake as I and many others have made. If your boat is as it should be I am happy for you. I am not displeased with you or other nitro owners. I want to warn potential customers what may happen. Good luck to you! I am previous owner of 96 Nitro FS 185 and a 06 Tracker Grizzly 1754. Current owner 06 nitro 482 CRAP.

I have owned Two Nitros a 700Xl and now a 2008 Z7. I have also owned a champion. I had very little issues and I have taken care of these issues myself. I had a spindle go bad due to premature bearing failure(I maintained the bearings earlier in the year) and due to the age tracker had to build the axle. Four week lead time. I felt safe in each boat and if I ever buy a new one it will probably be a Nitro again.
Every boat has issues, charger boats have a reputation of throwing people. When you own a boat you should accept that things happen. If you put your truck through the same extremities we put our boats through you will have problems. With the idea of BPS losing our business i would say that you will go back. It’s like going to MCD’s and buying a quarter pounder with cheese and you get no cheese, you’ll be mad for a couple of days, but guess what? You’ll go back because it’s on the way to your favorite lake and they are the only thing open at 4am.
If you are buying an older boat, no matter what brand, you will have issues and most of these boats it is harder to find parts or even someone to work on them. As to purchasing a boat the dealer is the key. A great dealer a great boat.
Did you buy your 482 new? If not then how was it taken care of before you purchased it? It’s a 14 year old boat, get 14 years out of a car.

Latest posts

Back