How many volts should a 150 efi put out?

• Thread starter Charlie Richardson
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Richardson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was on the lake today and noticed that my volt gauge seemed a bit high. I switched my Accura 240 to the windows mode and it showed 14.25 volts @ 4000 rpm. When I got to the dock it read 13.4v @ idle. Is this too high? I've heard that Mercury'd had some voltage regulator problems, but I don't know if I've got a problem or not. If someone could enlighten me I'd sure appreciate it..Cmack

Charlie -

I would have thought by now that one of our marine mechanics would have answered; but since they haven't, I'll give you what I know / remember from automotive........

I would say that your Merc is right on the money. The tolerances for output are wide enough to accomodate even the 14.25 that you are generating at higher rpms - and 13.4 at idle is darn near perfect. If you started at 14.25 volts at idle and went up from there - then we might have a problem.

I have something in the back of my head that says each cell in your battery actually puts out a little over 2 volts - something like 2.2 - so that the true voltage output is 13.2 volts.......

If it were me - I wouldn't worry!

me!

You're welcome! Wish had had more exact info to pass on to you. Maybe someone else will yet.

me!

No problem with voltage, as long as your below 15V and above 10V's the EFI system will work. above it will shut down and also below, Sorry about the delay in responce... have been in kentucky the last week.

Welcome Home, Chris! Fishing? Kentucky Lake? Barclay? Largemouth? Stripers?

me?

Latest posts

Back