How Many Tournaments are Too Many?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just got a mailer from Sturgeon Creek Marina on all of the T's going out of there in 2008. Remember, this is just out of Sturgeon and does not include Anna Point Marina, which runs just as many as Sturgeon or any of the "Club" tournaments out of both marinas.

Lake Anna Bass Series 12 dates avg. 40 - 50 boats

Virginia Open Bass Winter Series 8 dates

Tuesday Night Bass Series 15 dates

Morning Series 10 dates

Youth-Adult Series 5 dates

" " " 5 dates (Crappie)

Open Team 6 dates

Open Team Crappie 8 dates

Add to the list just the normal fishing pressure (and there is a lot) and the other tournaments like the Weekend BASS Series (ABA), National Bass Circut (12 dates), Fishers of Men Trail, and on and on...

Now I know VDGIF does shock testing to determine density and health of the population but for 9600 acres, that's a boat load of tournaments!! And everybody wonders why Anna fishes tough...sheesh.

TOXIC

toxic,

dont forget the smaller clubs that fish out of the upper marinas, just to get away from the crowds. Also i noted a very large percentage seem to be before memorial day and after labor day.and yes, you are correct, this is exactly why it fishes so tough. and exactly why i might be spending alot of time during my tournaments fishing around these 2 marinas.

mike c

I never wondered Scott.. I thought it had too much pressure 25 years ago and that was nothing compared to what people have told me about how it is now.

Uncle Billy

Another reason why we have the Not-So-Memorial Tournament on the Hot Side! LOL And you wonder why I don't fish the cold side. Of course, it doesn't seem like many fish the lower end of the lake during the TXs and I think it has some of the best places to fish (if you know them).

" Of course, it doesn't seem like many fish the lower end of the lake during the TXs and I think it has some of the best places to fish (if you know them)."

im ready to learn about those spots when your ready to show them bill.

On a side note, i was down at dike 3 the other night, just tearing up the walleye.

mike c

Yep, I head twords the dam on many occasion. There is benefit to pressure, the fish, as a general rule, get bigger on pressured lakes and guys who finesse fish like me usually do better but at some point I think it affects their patterns. Like me catching that citation last year in August, in 2 feet of water that was 90 degrees. She was there because nobody would fish for her there at that time. I gotta think there's a reason for that. And Mike, I know of a lot of T's won without leaving the creeks the marinas are in!! That in itself is a pattern. We call it fishing for "re-treads":lol::lol:

TOXIC

Tox, when we went to Anna a few years ago I could not believe the amout of T's

But then again there are alot of T's on every lake. That is a great lake, been fishing SML the last 2 years in the spring but might return to Anna this spring.

CJ

CJ - Maybe we can set up a Not-So-Memorial on the hot side in the late spring and you can join in. Anybody up for a spring memorial on the hot side?????

toxic,

are you fishing any tournys this year? i have one on the cold side march 22nd i think. i should start prefishing a few weeks earlier. i found some rock piles i need to check out, and i promised a friend i would take him down lake because hes never been, so how about some advise for fishing down that way in march.

mike c

Bill, that would be great. Love to join in. We enjoyed the lake last time we were there 2 year's ago.

Thanks

CJ

So long as ski season is done (lasts til late March), I'm in!

Anytime I can go anywhere, you are always welcome to go with me Bruce. You'll have to get used to the speed and wind chill in my boat after being in your Champion.:p:lol::lol:

but if you hold on tight and close your eyes it'll be alright.:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

CIII - Mike C - Anybody lookin' for a backseater in the FOM Tx. Hutch can't make it this year with everything going on and I am looking to fish it again. Any ideas????

At least it isnt St Clair....I will post alink to a spreadsheet that will knock yer socks off. It shows all the tourneys that a Michigan person would be interested in, but just peek at all the St Clair tourneys....

You can find it at fishingpixels.com

Just a little....but there are some weekends that have 4 tournaments going on at the same time.

Latest posts

Back