How many more, Guys.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Wilson

Reaction score
READ THIS HAVE A LAUGH and remember this is MY OPINION--- Better be careful buying boats from bass pro shop nitro, ranger, and triton. I would have applauded ranger or triton acquiring nitro but bass pro buying these two great boat companies can only diminish the quality of two legendary brands. Oh well! It is only money maybe biden will send you a check. Remember Evan Williams was Kentucky's First Distiller and STILL the BEST BOURBON.

Actually, Fishing Holdings LLC which manufactured Ranger, Triton, Stratos, was acquired by Bass Pro Group in 2014.
They are now known as White River Marine. Have you noticed a significant drop in quality in Ranger or Triton (Stratos RIP) in the last 7 years? What I have noticed in the last 10-15 years is a significant improvement in design, innovation, performance and quality in Nitro boats. And all the while keeping their prices lower than the premier boats in the market. Rangers and Tritons are great boats, I have owned both. I expect they will continue to be in the upper echelon. Of course, that is just my opinion.

My past experience with many different boats is that they are all built pretty well. It ain't rocket science- as they say. There aren't any secrets about building one. There are bad ones produced by every manufacturer from time to time. About the only manufacturer I dont see on the water anymore is tidecraft and it's been a very long time since one of those was produced. I have been surprised to see the price of boats rise to $100,000 and above. Honesty, I don't see how a manufacturer cal sell enough of those to stay in business. I love to fish and I love boats.... but no bass boat is worth that kind of price to me. You can do exacty the same thing with rigs costing much less than that. Just the thoughts of one old man- ha..

I bought an old Nitro 190 TF September 2020, which I like for larger lakes and rivers. When I figure how much money I have spent, it works out to about $400 per pound of fish. I have a 14 foot flat bottom, 9.5 hp, 2 trolling motors, which I use for calm lakes and rivers. I pull it behind a 26 foot travel trailer. Cost per pound of fish over the last 3 years is around $20. A charter trip in Florida cost about $5 per pound. Bank fishing: $.30 per pound.

I am still fishing out of this boat. (2006 Nitro 482) It handles badly but it still floats. Did you get your check?

Latest posts

Back