How big is your livewell?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Okay... It has never been legal in Wisconsin to "cull" fish...after they were in your livewell... You have a limit you stop fishing... Once in the well they "count" against your daily limit...

Now, they have a State Tournament Advisory Board to study the issue... There are those who feel that the "no cull" drives bigger $$$ tournaments out of Wisconsin... We Walleye types are used to the rule and practice selective keeping... its always a challenge... Anyway, this "study" is very controversial... Lots of folks don't want the rules changed...others argue why only for Bass tournaments...

Anyway, heres the proposal... they will allow culling, but only if you have at least a 30 gallon livewell... That's a 48"X12"X12"... or around 6700 cubic inches of water (so I have been told)... This looks "fishy"... not many bass boats have livewells that big. The 901 has two 18 gallon livewells and the rule does not allow aggregating livewells... So no culling in a 901...

How big is your livewell and what kind of boat... My back well is about 20 gallons and my front well is 18 gallons...

Well, I can't tell you how big my live well is because I don't have one! Well, that's not true, when I'm walleye/perch fishing for eats I have a big cooler with a recirculating pump that is over 30 gal. But, a question did pop into my head after reading your post.

Do you know how they are going to work the B.A.S.S. E-50 tournament that is to be held in Wisconsin this year? I mean, I can't imagine them having a tournament where they can't cull! Just curious if anyone has any info on that.

My 882 has a 35 gallon single livewell with a clear divider in the middle that can be removed.

My Avalanche has a 45 gallon livewell, with a removable divider.

I don't know Greg but It goes across the rear of the boat maybe 3-4 feet

18 gallons in the 05 175. Damn! I'm screwed! 2 gallons short! That freekin figures!

(I'm not really mad. I just thought it would add some excitement to my post)

Sounds crazy to me with todays livewell technology and chemicals we can use on the fish.The fish can be released with no ill effects on most of them...Its a little different than dragging them over the side on a stringer!

yep, same as Sully, '05 PT175 w/18gal livewell with removeable center divider. The way I catch fish I just use my livewell for ballast, lol.

Being a almost purely catch and release guy... I think I will use my PT175s livewell more for bait than anything else... Just need to get screens put over the drain and overflow in the tank... Also think I will get one of those floating mesh bags to but them little fishies in to make it easier to get em out as I need them and the end of the day... 18 gallons of water is a lot of water for a bunch of minnows... LOL

Tight Lines...

ps... And my McGyver bracket still working like a charm...

I guess i'll have to stash the plans of using my PC 175 to rule the Walleye trails in WI!!! LOL 2 livewells (one front and one back) both 11 gallons.

Trep

Bill, forget the screens! Move up to those 1/2 pound shiners and catch some gorillas! LOLOL

I believe the 901 livewells are 18 gallons each!

RoyC

Mine will Ice down 6 cases of beer and still have room for the fish....Jr

JR... Assuming 12 oz beers and that they are fully enclosed in the livewells... Here's what I get for you... 24oz X 12 = 288 ozs per case X 6 = 1728 ozs / 128 ozs per gallon = 13.5 gallons... So. let the ice melt into a five gallon bucket... If the bucket fills more than 3.5 times... you may have a 30 gallon livewell... LOL

Latest posts

Back