How about a Survey on the new welded hull boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Warren

Reaction score
I've had my 2001 PT175 w/75hp Merc. since January now, and have to say that so far, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I have only missed 3 weekends on the water since January and have run it on small TWRA lakes as well as Pickwick and some other larger lakes in Tennessee and Mississippi.

Everything still works, from the lights to pumps & gauges. Nothing is coming loose so far in the way of hinges . Not one problem with anything. The ride in choppy water is better than I would have imagined. It jumps on plane quickly and doesn't beat the tar out of you when running in choppy water or jumping wakes. I have yet to have water over the bow. The boat is very stable with myself on the bow and one in the back.

Motor runs about 45mph at 5200rpms with the stock aluminum prop. Storage is adequate but could use better rod locker storage. About the only thing I wish I would have done differently was to put Garmins on the bow and console and upgrade the trolling motor.

Latest posts

Back