Hot Springs area Need Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
If anybody in the Hot Springs area and would like to assist a recovering back surgery patient that wants to go fishing, contact me. My boat and ramp on lower lake, late Jan./Feb., looking at striper and walleye or possible trout.

cq

Thanks, I had to bribe the Doctor just to get my driving privileges. He still has me at 5 lb. lift, pull or push for what he thinks is another eight weeks. Once he increases my weight limit then I can wench that last 2 inches for the boat. I have not brought up about me using my SOT fishing kayak yet, that should bring on some laughs.

cq

Rehab per the doc. I am fighting the wife, she wants me to make an appt. I have a rotator cuff that is giving me fits. Up and back motion is very,very, painful. To my knowledge, I haven't done anything that would cause it other than just getting older. I have an old Rodeo injury (long story) that is the only time I ever hurt that shoulder. I am putting it off because if they want to cut me it HAS to be after the MVM trip in May. I'll live with the pain till then. I'ts also fun to make Carlos put the plug in the boat!! :D

CQ I wish I was closer. For that matter I wish I was closer to a lot of you all. I'd love to share a boat and some stories. Needless to say if you are passing through Iowa on I80 I'm right off the interstate.

Mike/fatrap

Reactions: cq
Had a visit with the back surgeon yesterday, HA HA HA , push the correct buttons and you get to increase your actives. Should be in the boat in 3 to 4 weeks and waders as soon as the wind slows down.

cq

Scott.... go to a Chiro before agreeing to the surgery. I have had serious rotator cuff issues since dislocating both shoulders in a "professional disagreement" with a very big person....LOL. I came close to the knife option and tried the Chiro first... learned to limit my motions/activities.

Greg,

Funny thing happened....I have been in some pretty serious pain. It has to be bad for me to consider going to the doctor. Sleeping hurt, reaching hurt, everything I tried to do with my right arm hurt to some degree. Bad thing was that it didn't stop hurting after I moved to a neutral position. It kept hurting and burning for a while. That's what made me think I had a pinched nerve or possibly a bone spur or the like. I fell asleep on the couch for the first time since it started hurting (it's been months). Woke up groggy and out of habit put my right arm down and pushed off to get up. The pain was monumental and then quickly went away. I have been getting progressively better since then. Still a little pain but movement is back and pain is minimal. We'll see, if I regress I'll go get it looked at.

Sounds like a tendon/muscle was pinched at the joint. When mine separates I just do the Mel Gibson thing with a door frame and I am good to go in a couple of minutes....

Glad you are feeling better... still look into a chiro

I was really scared s###less about being cut, due to the horror stories that I have heard, now I wish I had agreed to do this earlier. Some minor discomfort at times, but I am not eating pain pills, muscle relaxers, and spine nerve stimulants like candy without any relief. Just do what you need to do get better. Fear and not getting more than one opinion is what caused me to delay so long.
Good Luck.

cq

Had both of my redone a few years before I retired. Took about a year to get back to the way they should have been. Best thing I ever did.
No problems or pain. Good luck with yours.

Latest posts

Back