Hot New Bass Lure!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carli Drake

Reaction score
Okay...so now that I've got your attention (atleast for a moment) What is the hot new bass lure(s) that we're suppose to buy this year?? LOL I've got cabin fever so I'm looking thru the BPS catalog!

Last year and the year before it was the senko. I've thrown a few of them and while I've caught fish with 'em, I'm not wild about them. I fish in NY/MA... mostly smaller lakes with their fair share of LM and smallies and a couple times a year go to Champlain (mainly South Bay and Ticonderoga)

I'm looking for something different that the fish aren't conditioned to.

Okay guys...that's all I need to know. You can go back to Mini's Rally partner now!

Thanks!

Carli

The Woo Daves Ledgebuster Deep Crankin' Spinnerbait. 3/4oz to 1 1/2oz. Lets you get the spinner deep, like fishin a crankbait without all the hard work. Chartruse for big smallies!

Zoom's new Real Craw!!!! Get a copy of BassMasters, annual review. The boat section is lacking compared to last year, but tackle and electronics are good. But yeah Zoom real craw!

Don't worry about Mini's partner Carli, you coming up for the rally? If your on south bay, try zoom fat albert grubs in watermelonseed, on a 1/8 oz jig head, sprayed with bang garlic. Go to the lock, and drop that puppy on no more than 8lb clear, RIGHT along the concrete straight to the bottom in 15-20 ft, don't move it until "they" do! Had a blast doing that last year. Some nice fish

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Dem bassus LUV sparkles!!!

Carli,..do you throw tubes?...I know they're not new,..but man alive they work good!!...Specially dem sparkly ones...basses luv'em!! LOL Seriousley,...4" tubes and 4" twin tailed spider grubs are awesome,..in browns and greens.

Also..there's a new 4" jerkbait that KVD designed for strike king,..you can bet I'll have a dozen by spring!

I'll clue you in after I talk to some "informed sources" at the shows!! Wink,..wink"....then I'll clue you in,...the rest of you can all just watch Carli ROCK this year!! :O)

Thanks guys....

Craig, those Ledgebuster's look pretty good...price isn't too bad.

Rob, I use Zoom lizzards quite a bit, don't think I've seen "real craw" so I'll look for 'em. Rally? Have to work on Saturday, but hey....you never know.

Ken and Mac....sparkles huh? Sure you guys haven't been sniffin baitmate?? LOL

Mac, I need all the help I can get...especially fishin against the guys! They don't cut me no slack!

Thanks again!

Carli

Carli -

Last summer I tried a method of rigging tubes that I had seen on one of the fishing shows. I forget what it's called - but you tie a small drop weight at the end of your line and then tie the hook and tube directly to the main line a foot or two above the weight. Gives the impression that the bait is free swimming! It workd VERY well on smallies in streams just below the riffles!

me!

And, Hey! You gotta come to the rally! You wouldn't wanna miss chocolate covered strawberries and champaign, would ya? I'm serving!

Are blueberries in season up there in June? How would they taste in chocolate? Hm-m-m-m-m....... With Caffiene Free Diet Dr. Pepper! Or diet Barq's Root Beer!

Hey Scott,

Not much is in season here in June except for fishing. If you're lucky, the ice will be off the lake and mud season will be over. I have a rule in the springtime - I try not to cut the grass until June - that way I only have to cut for 4 to 5 months.

Bob G.

Scott and Carli, that's a "drop shot" rig,...works great!!..Wish it were legal in MI. The DNR put the kybosh on it here because of all the poachers and various other idiots using it to snag salmon. Mini's got an idea for a Michigan drop shot rig that might work....he'll have to run it by a few "men in black" first though to see if it will work.

Mac

Thanks, Mac!

Hey, Ladies..... How 'bout blueberries and WHITE chocolate!

me!

Now Scott...

Blueberries and white chocolate? That sounds delightful!!

Barb

Mac...might wanna remind Gary Klein of that law next time you're rubbin' elbows with the big guys. He put on a little presentation this week at a local tackle shop and was telling us about how successful the drop shot was on St. Clair smallies.

In case Johnny Law is reading this...I'm pretty sure he was speaking metaphorically!

Lol,...i hadn't heard that about Gary before,...If he was doing it up here he was using a "legal version" of it, which is atleast a 3" leader line coming off the main line. It would probably work fine up here if he was fishing it in a current situation so the bait would float out away from the mainline. If you try to fish it in slack water, t here's a good chance you'd get tangled or wrapped around the line and the bait wouldn't suspend naturally.

I've never messed with it much up here unless i'm using a perch spreader, which is ideal for ice fishing and still fishing. Anyway, I doubt Gary was doing anything illegal,..he was either speaking metaphorically as you said, or he was using the 3" leader line and just didn't go into any additional details,...who knows!!

Mac

Futher proof that it's not how well you play the game - but how well you can bend the rules......

Carli, my mistake, it's the new crawbugs, by Riverside. Super realistic. Can't wait to try them on spring smallies.

It's possible, but I'm not sure if it's legal there either. I don't even want to begin to speculate,...too many unknowns,...but I will say that there's NO WAY that he was cheating. He's one of the most ethical anglers on the tour. Whatever and whereever he was fishing,....it was LEGAL. Guaranteed!!

Mac

I don't know Adam,...I doubt they'll repeal it though,.....not as long as we have salmon!! Mini's got a great idea for a Michigan version,...but as i said before,...he'll have to run it by the "law" first to see if it's legal,....in my opinion it would be,.....but I'll let Mini reveal it,..it's his idea!!

Latest posts

Back