Hopatcong NJ

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Boncore

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this lake? I have a BFL super tournament on the 17th and 18th of September. I'm a co-angler and am looking for general info like water clarity and temp, Grass,wood or rock, weights that can be expected....... any info would be appreciated:D.

Thanks

Frank

Tom,

Thanks for the info, I went to the lake yesterday and managed four good keepers but it took me about 7 hours to find some spots that were not being trashed by all the recreational traffic. The spots I did manage to catch fish on were the bridge pilings at river Styx (had to kneel down and skip baits) and the shore line in crescent cove. Am I close? I spent most of the day fishing around the grass and deep ledges by twin islands, looked like a prime area and I marked a lot of fish but only manage 1 pickerel and a rock bass on a drop shot. Like you said there is grass everywhere and I eliminated some of it I think. It all looks good. I did notice some of the grass was dying not sure what type it was I figured it was poisoned intentionally because its still pretty early, but perhaps it dies off early. There is no replacement for time on the water but you helped me to understand the main lake patterns and it held true for my experience yesterday, This will help eliminate wasted time fishing unproductive water. By the way with all the traffic on the lake I saw very few anglers?, however when I was pulling my boat out @ about 6:00 pm saw many fishermen putting in, I thought either the night fishing is good or they do not want to deal with all the traffic.

Thanks again

Frank

More than likely Frank they are treating the weeds . The pleasure boat traffic can be horrible . River Styx bridge is a good area. . Another good spot is the left side shoreline as you come out of lees marine all the way down to the new condo

Latest posts

Back