Hooking up visual indicators to Mercury alarm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for some time now. Finally been feeling pretty good lately (since pacemaker adjustment) and wanted to show my little project of connecting miniture LED lamps to a Mercury outboard audio warning system so not only will I get audio beeps but visual indicators as well - can't miss that.

So first order of business is opening the dash panel and find the warning horn. It buried in the mesh wrap.

Trackeralarmlightinstall001.jpg%7Eoriginal

So cut the cable ties from the mesh so I can get access to the horn wiring. Purple and Tan.

Trackeralarmlightinstall003.jpg%7Eoriginal

So unplug the warning horn (didn't have to, just easier for it to be out of the way). I used wire connectors I like to refer to as vampire taps. Like this below

tapped.jpg

I got these little pinhole type LED's in red a while back

Trackeralarmlightinstall005.jpg%7Eoriginal

So then I'm deciding WHERE to mount these 2 mini pinhole led's and I found the perfect spot for them. It was already there, as I had 2 screws that originally screwed the dash panel to the center portion of console which I had cut away for easier access to the wiring.

Trackeralarmlightinstall002.jpg%7Eoriginal

So I removed the center 2 screws (since it wasn't doing anything anyways) and now I need a drill bit to drill out the screw holes a little larger - the size the the nut that goes on the mini pinhole light.

Trackeralarmlightinstall004.jpg%7Eoriginal

So now the wiring is done, covered the warning horn back into the mesh wrap and ready for action.

Trackeralarmlightinstall014.jpg%7Eoriginal

Now for the test - and success

Latest posts

Back