Home from the hospital !!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
This should probably be "Off Topic"!!! LOL!!!

Thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts!

When I had my bypass (quintuple) done 12 years ago, I was told that the vessels had a 10 to 15 year life expectancey..... That I would have to have another bypass if/when they failed..... I was sure that I was going to be cut open again.....

Yes, 2 of the 5 vessels had failed..... One had completely colapsed; but that was probably because the blockage it went around was only 60%. The original artery was still providing sufficient blood flow to the heart so they did nothing.

The last was almost completely blocked - 90%+. There was no flow through the original artery. 12 years ago, they would have had to open me up..... Tuesday, although it hasn't been approved by the FDA and I had to sign a release for an "experimental" proceedure, they put a stent into the blockage and openned it wide up! (A stent is a little tube made of stainless steel mesh that they expande within the artery to hold it open. FDA says "OK" to putting them into the original vessels but not to grafted vessels.)

I was home last night by 8:30. I'm still pretty weak from all the drugs they gave me, but I feel good! I go back to work on Monday!

Many, many "THANKS!" to

Mac

Marke

Buzz

Teri

Tee

Greg A.

Bassin Fool

Mini

Dewey

Andy Z.

Donnie

Sue D.

Steve Flattem

Tex

Cass

Carlos

Bob G.

Jimmie D.

Dan J.

Harpo

Dave Sawicki

Robert (Nominal)

Mike L.

Wildwood

Mark Gross

Stacey

Greg Meyer - I am "inappropriate"! Who needs balloons! LOL!!

David - Do you know "Dolly Dawn"? "When Dolly hear dem sound de drums, up she jumps and hollers 'Here I come!'"

Fatrap - LOL!! On the positive side..... They now have what they call a "condom catheter"..... They no longer have to put that tube up inside your you-know-what..... The only problem is that the business end of the thing isn't lubricated - it's actually glued so that it won't come off.....

Wolfcount - Did you get pictres/see Sadler flipping over and over? I saw Danny Sullivan spinning 3 times at Indy the year he came back and won the race - it was spectaculr and you don't get anywhere near the idea of how much ground they cover in the accident when you watch it on tv.

Tox - OK..... So the walleye from the first rally was a "minnow"..... The bluegill from this rally was actually more what I'd term an "adolescent"! LOL!!

JR - the verset is great while you're under the influence - but it just makes me ill for a couple of days afterward.

Rob - The only thing that I saw of any interest during the 24 hours I was able to watch tv was the World Championship of Poker on ESPN..... Came down to the last 15 minutes of the show..... Two players left..... Bluffin' each other for a $2,500,000 prize..... And in walks this fresh graduate dietician to lecture me on how I need to watch my diet and how to count carbs..... Dang, girl! I been doing that for 53 years! I could teach you a few things!..... She stayed just long enough to do her job - about 30 seconds past the end of the tournament.....

Rich D. - They wear Ugly uniforms these days..... No more of those cute little white skirts..... Ever watch "The Man Show" and the "Nurses" on there? WOW!! Heart attack city!!

Sam - I expect you'll be at Kentucky Lake in April!

Steve R. - You shoulda met Nikki.........................

Rich Stern - What can I say..... Thank you again for bringing all of us together! You are truly a very Dear Friend to us all!

God Bless!

me!

Glad your back! Now get that heart back to pumpin' lake water and those fish runnin' for cover!

FISH ON!

TEE

Glad that you are home and doing well. I'll now ask the question that I thought about, but reserved till your successful recovery.

Was this a one bratwurst, two bratwurst or three bratwurst procedure/cleaning?

You've pretty much already answered (above), but that may be what they find if they take a look within my plumbing!

Best wishes for a full and fast recovery.

Tex

Glad your back home and are feeling better me. sorry i missed the get well post...just glad to hear everything went well.Take it easy going back to work and don't over do it. Fast recoveries!!!

Steve ><}}}}'>

Welcome Home! Good to see all's well. KB ps. Don't let Tox kid 'ya too much, I've seen him with a "minner" Too!

Welcome home, little buddy! Just got back from LA and read about your ticker. Take care of yourself and quit eating all those chips while watching NASCAR! Maybe it was Sunday's race that got you all wound up...I know my heart wasn't right by the time that deal was over! Thank God for bourbon!!

Glad you're home and all is well....you'll be up and chasin' 3" fish in no time!! Keep us posted dude..

Mac

Just like an ole Timex Watch. "Takes a lickin and keeps on ticking!"

fatrap

Glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery. Take it slow, and I will send you some pictures of my trip to talladega...as promised.

I didn't get to see sadler's wreck b/c it was on the backstretch and you can't see the cars going into turn three from where I was sitting. I did see it happen on the big screen but didn't get a true impression of how awsome that crash was until I saw it on Speed TV last night. I did see several wrecks and spins on the front stretch and that is some sight. They have to just hang on for life and pray that they stop before hitting another car or the wall.

Wolf

Happy to hear that you are back home and feeling better.

Sue D.

Best news I got today (so far) lol

GLad everything went well and youa re on the road to recovery.

Now get to fishin'!

Mini

Mac...

He's gonna hafta improve to get to 3" fish... 2 to 2 and a quater... LOL

Glad you are home... get some rest and then hang on I may get you to come up to Mark Twain for some late/fall crappies... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm crappies

Glad you're back and everything's OK. See ya at the '04 Rally.

Good news. Now was the dietician good looking? Then it's worth missing the poker championship finale on TV! LOL

Happy to hear all is well. I'll bet you're wishin' for some of that hospital oatmeal about now, HUH?

Take care.

Harpo

You guys and gals on this board are wonderful!

It's like having "family" who all love to fish!

God Bless You All!

Glad to have you back...

We need to keep your 'positive viewpoints' going!!!

LOL

take it easy and get well!

az

Yeeesh - get caught away from the 'puter for a few days and see how much ya miss! Glad to hear everything went smoothly me! . Sorry I missed the prayers beforehand - still catching up on posts - but prayers for ongoing "recovery" are on the way. =^)

Really good to hear that you are home and doing better.

get all the rest you can, and then rest some more.

J

Tex -

I got the spare bedroom - just bring your own sleeping bag 'cuz it ain't furnished!

Food is bought - so long as you can handle Totino's Frozen Supreme Pizza! (They were on sale last week! Bought enough to last me through an entire season of "Survivor"! I feel so guilty eating a pizza in front of those hungry people!)

Ain't got no beer - how about diet, caffeine-free Dr. Pepper or diet Barq's root beer!

Welcome home Me, now give up the pizza and have a hearty salad or you'll be doing this gig again..LOL

Buzz

Welcome back Bro.

I hope you got more than a 10 to 15 year warranty this time.LOL

Did you ask about an extended warranty ?

Steve R

welcome back, Me glad to see your posts again!

Mark

LOL, Steve!!

Unfortunately, there was this BIG sign posted at the shop I went to:

"NO WARRANTIES. PERIOD."

I think it's up to me!

Welcome Home ME!!! Glad to hear you will be ok. Please continue to take care of yourself. I for one, do not want to lose a good friend!! Robert

I'll tell you what my friend... God did bless us by getting you home... See you soon...

Me!

Sorry for the belated best wishes!

(been away from the site a while chasing walleye and other assorted finned creatures).. glad to hear you're already back home and going back to work so soon after that!

Good for you! Wishing you the best, egMike

{sniff} You guys are Great!! {sniff}

Now cut out all the sentimental stuff!

It's Saturday!

Go catch some fish!!

And.....

Reserve your spots for the Rally!

Kentucky Lake, April 17 & 18, 2004.

Call Shirley at 800-626-5472.

(Shameless plug!)

And most important.....

God Bless!

me!

First I heard of this...glad everything worked out ok.

The world would be alot more boring without you around!!!

Glad you are home Staci! Take care of yourself!

Rich D

Glad to hear that you are home and on the road to recovery. Take it easy.

Love ya!

~S

Latest posts

Back