Hobbies not related to boats?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Aside from fishing and boating, what other interests or hobbies do you spend time on?

Hunting is my next favorite thing. We recently moved and I don't get to woods like I used to. We just got back from Huron, SD pheasant hunting. I like wing shooting, deer hunting, and hogs.

It is good to get out and expand out horizons. I am an old guy and am fortunate to be able to pursue many interests. While I no longer hunt, I still fish, and cut wood. I was an avid fly fisherman, drifting the Trinity for Steelhead for many years. Somewhere around 65 years old my surgeon said he could do no more for my shoulders, so l sold the drift boat and bought a Bass Boat. Now at 80 the thing I miss most is hunting ducks and geese. Just cannot swing my Berretta Water Fowler anymore. My surgeon has talked about a reverse shoulder replacement, I'm not ready to go there.
As for cutting wood, I am ready for winter.
Wood 3.jpg

don;t back off the reverse shoulder .im several years into mine the only thing that dosen't work is pushing away or pushing down . im now 86 and back problems have me pretty well shut down and it really sucks. youngest son coming tomorrow to help to winterize the bass boat.two deer tags probably going to waste.

I've been playing electric guitar for 45 years and in a Classic Rock cover band for the past 16 years performing in the Northeastern part of NJ. I tell people my two "vices" are fishing and guitar. People ask me if I golf and I tell them, "No, I fish, which already takes me out of the house for 6 hours at a time". That and playing in a band are quite enough not to mention family, friends, being a homeowner and running a business. I'm exhausted just writing it all out!

It is good to get out and expand out horizons. I am an old guy and am fortunate to be able to pursue many interests. While I no longer hunt, I still fish, and cut wood. I was an avid fly fisherman, drifting the Trinity for Steelhead for many years. Somewhere around 65 years old my surgeon said he could do no more for my shoulders, so l sold the drift boat and bought a Bass Boat. Now at 80 the thing I miss most is hunting ducks and geese. Just cannot swing my Berretta Water Fowler anymore. My surgeon has talked about a reverse shoulder replacement, I'm not ready to go there.
View attachment 2692

View attachment 2692
As for cutting wood, I am ready for winter. do not put off shoulder replacement . when the pain causes a loss of sleep you are ready.had the right shoulder replaced some years ago. and im sure glad i did. no more pain the only bad thing is the loss of pushing strength.no more pushups. now im 87 and i still deer hunt and would go phesant hunting if any one wanted a blocker. spend most of my time in my hobby metal work and wood working garage. and make some garden.
View attachment 2692

dont delay on the shoulder replacement ,it will only get worse. got my rt shoulder done some years ago. still try to hunt deer with 243 rifle and make garden. also have metal working tools and do some wood working. im now 87 and not ready to stop yet.

Latest posts

Back