Hitting closer to home

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Wow. This morning I'm checking my work e-mail, and I see a notice from our Dean of Student Life about a student withdrawing his enrollment.

I open the e-mail and discover that this kid HAS to withdraw because he's received military deployment orders, and that the administrative offices should expect to begin seeing more of these.

Please keep all of our armed forces in your thoughts and prayers, especially the ones who are leaving family behind.

Within a month we are going to have 4-6 Carriers over there!! It's as real as it gets BigDog!!! We haven't had that kind of build up since WWII!!

Where you been Mo, we have 65,000 troop deployed overseas and growing. Britain sent their flagship carrier over last week with all fixed wings below deck and the main deck covered with people transport helicopters for a ground assault. It doesn't get any more real than this. My mom just had to go get her papers in order and get all her shots. She expects to get deployed sometime by March.

I should've used a different title. I was really thinking something like "This hitting closer to home." or "We're gettin' closer".

Yes, this is very real. This won't be a Desert Storm either. If we didn't have to contend with nighttime urban warfare, we could certainly hope for a hyper-war scenario, but not this time. I've got a brother-in-law who is already tasked with taking fighters, bombers and AWACs aircraft over the pole into theater. He "disappears" for six to eight weeks at a time and can't tell my sister where he's going lest SHE become a target.

I remember the last time I witnessed students around me getting deployment orders. The postmark on their letters suddenly changed to APO and the envelopes had sand in in them.

This is where I start to regret my age. Too old to serve, too young to feel like I can't.

It's kinda strange how one's feelings about all of this change when you've got family or friends directly involved.

When my brother was involved in Naval Special Ops during Desert Storm,...it was the most stressed out, and anxiety filled time of my entire life!! I knew he was in the thick of the hard-core stuff,...but I also knew how well trained and what a badass he was, so any sense of comfort I was able to provide myself and my family, was knowing that the SEAL Teams are the epitomy of survivalists and they have the uncanny ability to reak maximum havoc upon the enemy with minimal loss of life amongst their ranks!! (and THAT they did,..there was not one single SEAL killed during Desert Storm!!)...anyway,...this time I don't have any family involved, but I can totally relate to the feelings of the families that are affected!! On the contrary, my brother has a TON of friends involved.....and most of them are already over there or getting deployed now. We need to ALWAYS keep our troops and their families in our thoughts and prayers,...now we have Ken Neeley's son in training for possible future deployment! Keep the faith folks and let's hope this all ends soon with a minimal loss of lives!!

Mac

I've resolved to not let the Martin Sheens and Sheryl Crows and the rest of the "no war" people detract me from verbally, emotionally and spiritually supporting our troops and their families. This is a choice Saddam Hussein is making, and unless the U.N. weapons inspectors can come out and unequivically document that there are NO WOMD in Iraq, I am all for unleashing the thunder and might of the U.S. military on him and his cronies. And the harder we can thump on him, the more it might give North Korea some pause to consider what THEY'RE doing.

Sorry my initial post gave the impression that I thought this was all fun and games. I most certainly do not think that it is.

I totally agree,..the liberals in hollywood are a bunch of freaks,...if some terrorist unleashed a dirty bomb or some chemical concoction in their backyard.....they'd change their tune immediately. Regardless,..the US will send a HUGE message to N.Korea if we end up going in after Saddam...Korea will shut up in a hurry!! Bush is NOT going to fiddle around with these lunatics anymore!! Did you see where Libya is even stepping up to fight AlQaeda??!! Ol' Mohammar says that Bin Laden is a threat to his leadership!

LOL...It only took 1 US Missle into Mo's brand new tent in his backyard to get him to shut his pie-hole!!

Don't be fooled Mo, our military is nothing like it used to be thanks to Billy Clinton. If we have to take on 3/4 of the middle east AND north Korea, we're in for a heap of trouble. So be sure to VOTE at every chance and vote for those who arm us and take no BS from these lunatics. We have this lunatic fringe group of peace loving, bong hitting, uninformed morons that always picket downtown at night, with signs like "peace not war" or "war is not the answer". Give me a break, I SO badly want to stop someday and just beat the ever loving snot out of one of these morons and WHEN they try to defend themselves, say "peace not war!" "Don't defend yourself....PEACE no WAR!" Idiots! Did they learn NOTHING from 9/11?

I have a sneaky suspicion that once the party starts in Iraq,...Saddam will get whacked by one of his own from inside, and it'll happen FAST!!....if they have any brains at all, they KNOW they don't stand a chance,...and the will to survive will take over more than their willingness to die for that idiot. Just my opinion,...but I think he'll get zapped quick like!!

Rob, in some ways you are correct, but in others I would have to disagree. I would hate to be in the Republican Guards today. In 1991 we didn't have JDAMs and JSOWs to go after hardened targets like tanks and bunkers.

If the Republican Guards are stupid and drive out of their tank lagers, a couple of dozen F-16s or F-15Es with JSOWs are going to ruin their day. It's the house-to-house stuff that is going to get our people killed. I'm all in favor of putting three Army divisions out in the middle of the Iraqi desert and just daring Saddam to come out and do something about it while we drop PGMs down around his ears. Then you surround the cities and begin strip searching at gun point people who choose to walk out.

Mac is right. Hit hard, fast and then harder and faster. None of this piddly limited conflict stuff. The message needs to be that those who choose to fight will die. Those who choose to surrender will live.

I was reading a book (Steven Ambrose's CITIZEN SOLDIERS) and one section about urban conflict in WWII. A group of Germans was holed up in a movie theater, taking pot-shots at U.S. troops sweeping the city. The Americans simply backed the infantry out, rolled a 155mm howitzer up the street and loosed four rounds into the theater. The Germans quickly gave up, and their commader complained bitterly that the use of the 155 should be banned under the Geneva Convention as "unfair". Enough high explosives will win out over fanaticism every time.

Hey Rob, what's your opinion of Sean Penn? LOL!

By the way, I hope you were taking about Kaddafi's pie-hole and tent, and not mine.

LOL.....Yeah....I was refering to "MO Qadaffi" not "MoFish"

hahahhahah.......no amount of C4 in the world can shut your pie-hole!!

i heard something on fox news about the whitehouse gettin copies of emails from some of the iraqui soldiers ready to give up. hopefully , it will happen quick. when they get saddam, i hope they get the right one as there are probably many body doubles. i bet an overthrouw is almost already a done deal. blix and the inspectors might have to get out real quick.

jd

WHat nobody in the gov't or media seems to be discussing is the contingency plans...what happens when we oust Saddam???

Do we have a plan in place to insert a new gov't or will Saddam's family take over? What about Iran? With no contingincies in place, they'll be chomping at the bit to insert themselves into that region.....will the Saudi's want to take over, thus controlling 25% of the world's oil? Or will we delegate a portion of the country to remain as is and break the rest of the regions up into some more " 'stans"??? These are the questions I want answered....

Ive heard on the news that there's already a bunch of anti-saddam Iraqi's already planning the "new post-Saddam Gov't",

but I agree,..it's probably the single largest thing on Bush's mind right now,..."What happen's AFTER?!"...man that dude's earning his salary this year!!! LOL

Oh rest assured Neeley, as future pres, you should know this. President Bush will undoubtedly leave behind some "supervision" and there will be sanctions. We're not going to go in there, level him and leave. But unlike the politically correst left wing, I'd like to see him recapture some of our lost tax dollars and national debt due to rebuilding for these ungrateful fleas, by confiscating ALL the oil that leaves that country for the next 25 years. To hell with foreign dependancy I say. And I'm sick of everyone crying for our help when a bully is picking on them. But as soon as big brother libeates you, you spit in his face. I say to hell with them, tend to what we need to so they don't get smart and try any more garbage against us, but let the ingrates fend for themselves. We have kids starving to death on our own streets too, no need to support a country that wants us all dead. Turn it into a parking lot I say.....that's why I'm only chief of staff and not a likely canidate for the presidency Ken. I'll let you cover the PC stuff!

Turn me loose!! I discovered a new formula....(Fried fish, cheese fries and beer). I wanna be in charge of Homeland Security.

TOXIC

Just wanted to let everyone know that I work here WPAFB in Ohio and things are happening. A lot of our men and women..some boys and girls are gettin' ready for something. They have all their chem-warfare gear ready to go. My daughter's fiance(just proposed Christmas) is just finishing basic out of the Army and is supposed to come back in September for the wedding but, don't really know right now with things the way they are. Keep your finger's crossed and pray for ALL the men and women in uniform(worldwide) and let each and every one know that WE CARE!

TEE

add a little Thai food to the mix and you will have a Chemical Weapons Inspector's mother-load!!

Hey, TEE, my best friend just came on board there! He's principal ER nurse at the base hospital. If you ever have to be in there and run into Capt. K. Kahler, tell him I said hi (and remind him I need his new address).

Rob,

Of course we'll leave behind "supervision", and we can't sanction them much more than we do now, but that still doesn't resolve the problem of who's in power and what type of gov't it will become.

Many people want to turn it into a parking lot, but believe me, it will be the most fought over parking lot ever. Irag is 4th in the world for oil production and currently holds 5% of the worlds oil reserves. Many countries are spending BILLIONS of dollars to find, produce, and move oil. Africa is leading the way for a new source of oil, and the country of Chad(remember them?) could possibly hold the largest oil field on the continent. If the gov't of Iraq is toplled without SOLID contingency plans in place, we will be left there playing King of the Hill while many other countries try and take the land for it's readily available oil instead of spending the money to access their own.

As for war reparations and gov't sanctions, Iraq is allowed to export 69% (we buy it all) of their total oil under a U.N. sanctioned program called "Oil-For-Food". This program was adopted in 1995 to help support Humanitarian Projects for the Iraqi citizens. This program came to fruition after a post-Gulf War study concluded that Iraq was on the verge of imminent humanitarian catastrophe including epidemic and widespread famine.

The proceeds from the sale of this oil goes directly to a U.N. escrow account to insure that it goes to the people, and not Saddam Hussein.

The money is used to purchase food, medical supplies, and many other items needed to provide Iraqi citizens with a decent quality of life. All purchases must be approved and fall under specific categories as set forth by the U.N.

Since it's inception, $61 BILLION dollars has been raised by this program. $41 BILLION for aid, and the remainder has gone for Gulf War reparations and funding for the U.N. Weapons inspection program.

In the last 7 years, this program has resulted in a HUGE reduction of communicable diseases such as cholera, malaria, measles, mumps and tuberculosis.

There has not been a single case of polio in nearly 3 years, and cholera has been totally eradicated in the northern regions. There has been a 50% reduction in malnutrition rates for children nationwide. It is estimated that this program has been directly responsible for saving over a MILLION lives. This is the only way the country is allowed to import goods or services according to the terms of their sanctions.

There's alot at stake here...not just the ousting of a madman....

P.S. We import most of our "foreign dependant" oil from Canada. Just 8% comes from Saudi Arabia, and less than 4% from Iraq.

Mac,

Unless those inspectors look like Pamela Anderson, they aren't inspecting anything of mine!!

Silent prayer for the troops...everybody do your job and everybody comes home.

TOXIC

Well I will be the first to admit I voted for Gore..Gasp..uhhh Gasp..But I will so glad that Bush won...after the 9-11 thing I think he really found his voice and became the leader that the US needs in this time. I dont know what I was thinking when I voted for gore ..I just dangled my gun rights out there for them to snatch away.

I was wandering if anyone has ever read the "Bad American" that was supposably written by Ted Nugent?? I dont think he wrote it but I know he stands behind it 100% I don't agree with everything he says but there is alot of truth in it. He mostly says things alot are afraid to say. I will look for it and see if cant post it later. God bless all out troops and service men/women. No doubt they will get the job done this time.

Donnie

"Bad American" was written by George Carlin. Somebody posted here a while ago.

Donnie,..I think a LOT of people who voted for Gore THEN....are darn glad he's not in NOW!!...you aren't alone!

Stupid question, but has anyone considered the possibility that N. Korea's reference to "American aggression" is in response to our build-up in the Gulf and that there exists a formal alliance between rogue states like Iraq and Korea? Dictatorships work in mysterious ways.

Like I said, a far-flung notion, but it popped into my mind last night.

Well Boys and Girls...

Sadly, I must report that at my age I could not pass the physical for a civilian posting, in theater, with the DOD (tried the Dr. thing last week and got the telephone call this morning). But, this is very real. My fishing "partner" is a now activated National Guard Colonel and had "wrangled" a chance for this old goat to take one last shot at the bad guys... Oh well.

After September 11th I would have walked barefoot across the ocean and sand to get there and poke somebody in the eye. And, now again, our very way of life, our children and grandchildren are at grave risk.... I can't go and I am frustrated as hell... God save our country and God watch after all who serve and protect us...

I really doubt it MO,...I don't think the ego's of Hussein and Jung would allow it.....I think the Korean's are just throwing a little international tantrum,....once they see what an American "Time Out" looks like,..they'll shut up and play nice.....they just need to see their Brother across the yard get a good spanking first!!

Okay. Dumb thought on my part. NK keeps saying "unless America halts its aggressive yadda, yadda, yadda." I got to thinking that Hussein might want access to a couple of NK's nukes.

IMO you clean house in Iraq then what? How do you change a culture that is based on killing each other to slove their problems? The various populations of the Middle East have been killing each other over that sandpile since before written history.

Again IMO they have long ago killed off any genetic disposition for a peaceful,reasonable race of people the same way you breed out or in a specific trait in different dog breeds.

Unless the area is managed from the outside the hatred and violence will just be carried on by someone else.

The best we can hope for is to rid of Saddam and his hidden toys and send a message to the world we (the US) still carries the biggest stick and know how to use it and we're watching you all.

fatrap

You know when it really boils down to it...I don't think anybody really WANTS war but, sometimes it can't be helped. I think this may be that very case. Honestly knowing what we all know now about war and what it can do sometimes.It's just a hell of a price to pay. When they say,"Freedom is not Free"...they were not kidding.Hey Mo...if I see him I will say hello for ya' but, this is one HUGE base. Took me three years just to get familiar with 3 different Area's(A,B and C)...

TEE

TEE

I'm sure he "wants" a lot of stuff,.....ESPECIALLY nukes!

but you can bet your last jig that we have our "eyes" on every single NK military installation and ship on the planet!! anything that even looks remotely suspicious will be boarded and/or inspected immediately....Bush is NOT playing games anymore,...he's got his game face on now,.."Act first,....apologize later,......MUCH later!!"

Just my opinion anyway...

TEE,

I certainly do not WANT you to find yourself in the base ER. Just thought it was interesting that Capt. Kahler ended up at Wright Patterson.

Sit back and watch the fireworks ladies and gentelmen, because Bush is a man that will not stop until the job is done. Don, I'm glad you came out and admitted your blunder. Any respectable gun owner couldn't possibly vote for Gore and sleep at night, but that's another issue. Tee nailed it, nobody wants a war, but sometimes you have to say, "enough is enough already" and throw some smack down. We all have to face it, Americans will fight.....Americans will die. But they will not die in vain. They are fighting for you and me and our way of life. They are fighting for those who died 9/11, and those who would die if we let these fanatic regimes continue plaguing the world like some virus. Some people only understand violence, and this is one region that fits that bill. So we have to "translate" for them and speak a language they understand. If there can be no peace, then we WILL be the one standing in the end. No go back to your sandbox and stick your head in the sand, 'cause uncle Sam has had enough of your bull$#!+ and it's time we spanked your hinny.

NK and Iraq have no hidden alliances....Jung has picked this time to make his stand due to the focus in Iraq. He knows (correctly) that our military will be stretched waaaaay too thin during a middle-eastern conflict to even remotely consider the thought of armed aggression in NK.

The other thing Jung has going for him, and the answer to the question of "Why Now" in Iraq, is that he ALREADY HAS at least 2 nuclear weapons. It is imperative to stop Hussein's regime NOW, before he has actual nuclear capability. If we were to aggressively try and stop Jung, he can and will unleash his arsenal unto South Korea, creating a Holocaust in that region. But the importance of negotiating with NK is apparrent in the fact that Japan, Taiwan and SK will step up their efforts to develop their nuclear programs for defensive purposes in response to Jungs capabilities. This will open up a whole new set of circumstances, involving China, once these other countries get caught up in a nuclear arms race. The global ramifications of this very real scenario are unlike this world has ever seen.

Jung's position is effectively one of black-mail, however it will behoove us, and the world, to open talks with Jung to avoid this escalating tide of armament. Once that is accomplished, we can continue with heavier sanctions on NK, with the backing of most of the civilized world, and isolate him and his people until his country is so weakened that we can strong-arm them into submission...but now IS NOT that time. The armed forces of NK have never been stronger, due to the fact that his regime is militarily driven, and all armed-forces personnel are given the best of the best of food, medicine and supplies while over 2 million of NK's citizens have died in the last 4 years from malnutrition and disease.

Jung's time will come, and Iraq's time is now, but still the question remains.....what next?

My friend, Kym, spent 6 years in the Navy and is now in the reserves..... She is sure that she is going to be called up..... She, like many Americans under 40, has a concept of war based on Desert Storm..... She is anxious to get over there and fight.....

During Viet Nam, I was 4-F because of being a diabetic..... I got to watch my buddies go to war..... Some came back..... Some didn't..... I'm scared for Kym and all our troops.

All I can do is pray..... Please, don't let this horrible thing happen.....

Scott,

Sorry buddy, but you're praying for the wrong thing. This horrible thing is going to happen....pray that our soldiers come home safely and accomplish their missions.

And, please..... If it does happen..... Please let our soldiers come home safely..... And please let all nations benefit from the accomplishment of their missions.....

This one hits home to me since I spent 20 years in the service, and yes I served in Desert Storm. Take it from me we are doing the right thing. We tend to look at other societies and try to put them in the context of our own. In their society, POWER RULES. Simple as that. If you have the strength to maintain that power, then your rule lasts a beyond a life time. If you want to change that society then your power and force must be stronger than theirs.

They understand power, they don't understand how our government/leadfers can allow anyone to say anything against them. They take this as a sign of weekness, and there for do not fear us. Yet in the middle of Desert Storm we had thousands and thousands of Iragi soldiers surrender when they realized our power was greater than theirs. Do you think it will be any different this time.

Not likely, but the ones in power will fight to the death rather than give up that status. To lose it means death from their own society.

Thanx Scott....that's the attitude we all need to have.

Bassman, I agree.

ok,

Here is my opinion. We have deployed most of 1 and 2 MEF for the Marines. That means most, if not all of the Marines that are on the East and West coast have marching orders for places unknown. The last time orders like that happened was during Desert Storm. The Marines of late have given considerable trainingg time to urban warfare. To me, that seems to be what Saddam is going to do. Try and pull us into a urban warefare scenerio and make us bleed.

I watch the anti war stuff with alot of trepiditaion as I am afraid what they may cause to happen. Like Vietnam. We have the most capable Armed Services in the history of this world, but if we loose public support I am afraid it will become a half a$$ endeavor (Somalia, Vietnam) and then...

I do have LOTS of confidence in this Commander In Chief to stay the course and let the warfighters fight the war and let us hopefully bring some semblance of stability to that region so that there will be fewer places for the terriorists to hide and be financed from.

Carlos

PS If we go in there and they let us play like we have trained, the bad guys are in for a freaking dammmm surprise. We have a few nasty surprises lined up for them :)

Ken,

If I could trade places with your son I would in a heartbeat... But, I can't. I can only tell you that he has my unqualified respect and my deepest prayers.

Carlos,

You know my heart and soul is with you and all my brothers. If it starts take it to them and then come home and share a beer or two and swap old warrior stories.

Greg

Greg,

Thanx. Yesterday they cancelled his leave that was scheduled after AIT graduation on Feb. 7th. He'll go right to Ft. Campbell for air assault training and then.....

Carlos,

Amen brother.

I hope no one here misconstrues my posts and thinks I may be sympathizing with the Iraqi citizens....I just don't want another half-a$$ endeavor like Carlos spoke of.

I read in yesterdays paper that a big anti-war protest is planned for this weekend in Pittsburgh.Somebody needs to kick these people in the teeth.These men and women going to war need all the support they can get.I wish somehow, someway this could come to a peaceful end,but barring a miracle it won't.Lets give all the support we can to these guys,remember,they are fighting for us.

Ken,

Living and working here in Hopkinsville, Ky., we do business with a lot of Ft. Campbell personnel. They have been steadily leaving for parts unknown for weeks now. Thank God that the local media respects the need for discresion. Sorry to hear that your son is moving towards that position, but tell him thank you, from my family. I too am "too old" to defend our country.

If he would like to meet a fellow fsherman and Tracker owner while at Ft. Campbell, give him my e-mail address and I will extend our hospitality.

Bruce Moore

Did anybody see the show on the History channel lasnite called,.."Why can't we kill Saddam?"...Man,..that dude is one ruthless, power hungry, murdering PR!@#!!!....He's every bit as bad or worse than Stalin and Hitler...he's gotta go...and SOON!!!...I totally agree with Carlos too,..Bush isn't going to cave into public opinion this time..he's going to rid the world of this vermin and I wholeheartedly support him on this one!! We've got a LOT of surprises in the works for this go'round and it'll get ugly,...but it HAS to be done for the benefit of the entire region and the world for that matter. All these protesters are a bunch of pansies,...just imagine what they would say if they were takin' hostage by a terrorist cell and our gov't said,...."Hey,..we'd LOVE to come and get you out,....infact we can get you out today,...but we saw you on the news lasnite rallying against us,...so we'll just pass on this one and let you think about how BAD we really are for awhile,.....have a nice day!!"..LOL...

I saw that show too, Mac..... Frightening..... Both the person it was about AND the wording of the title....

yeah,..the title was an attention getter for sure!! Surely wouldn't have been able to use that a few years ago!

just the fact that he'll torture you're wife and/or kids in front of you to make you confess to something oughta be reason enough to drop a daisy cutter in his lap!! What a wuss!

Mac,

One thing I learned was that if you want satisfaction... you can only get it up close and personal... I'd like to show him my Kabar. As a matter of fact... he's so sure he so tough...let him know I'm here for him... Any time any where...his call... I'll be there... last man standing buys beers...bet we'd be serving Sam Adams or some of Trep's Home Brew...and I'd be drinkin' over his dead sorry a$$

For those of you who didn't see the show..... Sadam even had one person (maybe more) who's official job title was that of a person who's duty it was to rape women to coerce confessions out of them and their loved ones.....

His son Uday,....once walked into a hotel where a wedding reception was taking place....he decided he wanted to have his way with the bride!! So,......he took the Bride and Groom up to a room,.....raped the bride while the groom watched,....then had the groom thrown off a 3rd floor balcony to his death.......nice guy aye?!...That story was told by a former body guard of Uday's,...he defected to the US after that...he'd seen enough!!

London Daily Mirror--Tony Parsons

For those of you who aren't familiar with the LONDON DAILY MIRROR, it is a notoriously left-wing, anti-American daily publication writing in the United Kingdom. Tony Parsons, the author of the following article written one year after 9/11, has been a steady critic of US policy on many political and economic issues over the years. The following is a sharp departure from his normal writings... "Shame On You American Hating Liberals" Tony Parsons DAILY MIRROR September

11, 2002

One year ago, the world witnessed a unique kind of broadcasting - the mass murder of thousands- live on television. As a lesson in the pitiless cruelty of the human race, September 11 was up there with Pol Pot's mountain of skulls in Cambodia, or the skeletal bodies stacked like garbage in the Nazi concentration camps. An unspeakable act so cruel, so calculated and so utterly merciless that surely the world could agree on one thing - nobody deserves this fate. Surely there could be consensus the victims were truly innocent, the perpetrators truly evil.

But to the world's eternal shame, 9/11 is increasingly seen as America's comeuppance. Incredibly, anti-Americanism has increased over the last year.

There has always been a simmering resentment to the USA in this country - too loud, too rich, too full of themselves and so much happier than Europeans - but it has become an epidemic. And it seems incredible to me. More than that, it turns my stomach.

America is this country's greatest friend and our staunchest ally. We are bonded to the US by culture, language and blood. A little over half a century ago, around half a million Americans died for our freedoms, as well as their own. Have we forgotten so soon?

And exactly a year ago, thousands of ordinary men, women and children - not just Americans, but from dozens of countries, were butchered by a small group of religious fanatics. Are we so quick to betray our allies?

What touched the heart about those who died in the Twin Towers and on the planes was that we recognized them. Young fathers and mothers, somebody's son and somebody's daughter, husbands and wives, and children, some unborn. And these people brought it on themselves? And their nation is to blame for their meticulously planned slaughter?

These days you don't have to be some dust-encrusted nut job in Kabul or Karachi or Finsbury Park to see America as the Great Satan.

The anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the Americans for every ill in the Third World, and conservatives suffering from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it likes without having to ask permission.

The truth is that America has behaved with ENORMOUS restraint since September 11th.

Remember, remember, remember the gut-wrenching tapes of weeping men phoning their wives to say, "I love you," before they were burned alive. Remember those people leaping to their deaths from the top of burning skyscrapers and those who knew the plane they were on was going to crash.

Remember the hundreds of firemen buried alive. Remember the smiling face of that beautiful little girl who was on one of the planes with her mum. Remember, remember - and realize that America has never retaliated for 9/11 in anything like the way it could have.

So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Oh, please pass the Kleenex.

So some Afghan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily fired their semi-automatics in a sky full of American planes? A shame, but maybe next time they should stick to confetti.

AMERICA could have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot. That it didn't is a sign of strength.

American voices are already being raised against attacking Iraq - that's what a democracy is for. How many in the Islamic wo

Bruce,

I sincerely thank you for that....please e-mail. I would love for Jonathan to meet you while he's there.

Excellent article. About time somebody realized it and had the sence and nerve enough to openly state it. I'm surprised thought that it got published. As for Saddam's and his son's actions, there is simply NO place on earth for waste of walking human debris like that. The body guards that watched, and likely helped by restraining the husband, then pushing off the balcony are equally responsible. Use what money we would normally throw at the country to rebuild to go in and get all those innocent citizens that want, out. Then level that motherless country to nothing short of a crater. Then sweep up the dust and make it the largest US military stronghold overseas. Fortify it with more military might than can be fathomed by these useless ungrateful countries. They want to hate us?Fine, let's give them something to hate us for! You can only get kicked in the teeth so many times before you come up swinging. All I can say folks is it's a darn good thing somebody like me doesn't run the country because I would be the most politically INcorrect president and commander and chief you ever saw. Anyone that crossed us would pay heavily and for the whole world to see. Screw Geneva, take Saddam and torture him slowly like he's done to so many, and let's not foget Bin Laden in all of this. Torture them for the world to see that THIS is what happens when you screw with the USA!!! Sorry, but all the BS and bad publicity has struck a nerve with me and opened a festering wound so to speak.

Relax Rob,.....concentrate on the 'Starts and the north shore of Erie,...study those maps!!!,.....leave the global spankings to the professionals...LOL

Great article, thanks MO for posting it!!

I too was surprised and grateful (in respect to showing our countrys power, restraint and planning) that we did not just level all of the Islamic countries in the middle east.

Ken - tell you boy that we all respect, support and LOVE him! If not for folks like him and the rest of our armed forces we would NOT have the freedoms we have today!

On Saddam and his family, guards and the other sick demeted folks - to quote Dirty Harry "Kill'em, Burn'em, BLOW THEM AWAY!" in no uncertain terms!

To all the parents and family of military personal who are either deployed or going to be deployed. My God bless you and keep your loved one safe.

As a Viet Nam vet, I wish they would take all us old guy's and let the young one's stay home. At least if we buy it, we knew what to expect and we have lived our lives. Let them grow up and grow older. After 9/11 I even tried to enlist, if for no other reason than to teach. Maybe some of us old guy's that have been through the S#**** could teach them something.

My feeling on the whole thing is:

ONE BOMB

ONE HOLE

ONE PUMP

I think if Saddam wants nukes, we should give him a few and then ask Korea if they would like some too.

Ken, I hope your son makes out ok. Just remember, he has our support.

Bob -

Interesting that you should say that..... Greg Meyer and I were saying exactly the same thing the other day in e-mails..... The young have so much to live for and so much to contribute..... Such a terrible waste..... We old bast###s may not have the physical strength and endurance to engage in ground combat, but we can still fly helicopters or drive tanks.....

me.....

Latest posts

Back