High School tournament trails

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are high school fishing teams a good idea?

• Yes they are an excellent way to preserve the art of fishing.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No they are a waste of time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cody Daniel

Reaction score
Hi all I'm a 15yr old male that has joined my schools bass fishing team (our first year to have it) and I am open to and advice or information you all have to offer. I also want to keep you informed on how I do in all my tournaments. Also I have recently bought a 1993 nitro 170tf with my own money.

That's what made me go down in my asking price ;) I think us guys would like to know more about how your high school developed this program, how many members it currently has and other details. Do you guys agree?

If your interested in tournament results that are official from the organization that my school goes through try http://www.asabfa.com. Our fishing team has only just started back in august of 2013 so we are fairly new. I am one of the youngest on the team. We have 9 boats in all (2 students and 1 boat captain per boat) at the last tournament in Guntersville my school ranked 25 out of 210 boats. We would have ranked higher if their weighing scales worked right( I was cheated, I weighed both of my fish in the boat and they were 3.5/4 pounds each. Well when they weighed them the miraculously weighed 3.96 pounds together)So my team is hoping to qualify at Smith lake this weekend. So any tips for smith would be appreciated.

They should have calibrated the scales again if they were off that much. Keep a good outlook on the tournament lay out and the camaraderie of the rest of the field. Enjoy yourself and keep your school work up where it needs to be. Your only 15 years old and there is much to learn, not only school but life. Good luck in your endeavors. :):D:):D

o_OThey had already had problems with the scales earlier in the weigh in but I was boat 192 out 210 so they were rushing us through as fast as they could.

Cody,
My son-in-law's brother (Also named Cody) competed here in Illinois with his high school Bass Team a few years back. They won the State Championship. I fully support the program and think it is a fantastic way to bring new life and blood into fishing. Just remember, the day will come and you will have opportunities to "pay it forward". Please do... Have fun and good luck. Nice boat, too. Nothing ever again will be your first boat.

Latest posts

Back