Hi, New Member, Recently Retired, Bought A 2008 Z6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super-bee_ski

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this forum. Recently retired and I bought a low mileage :)...Low hours 2008 Z6. Hoping to take it out for the first time Friday 26 April. Nervous as I have never owned a boat before. Be launching and fishing by myself for a while. Primary lake will be Lake Isabella, Kern County, CA, then Castaic Lake.
t2zFdp67Sn+AHSEE1D4kvQ.jpg

Welcome. Nice looking boat! Good find. Dual consoles are my preference.
Just take your time, launching, fishing, and loading. I once saw a guy and his wife attempting to launch a brand-new Tracker. He unhooked both the winch and safety chain. Proceeding down the ramp he panicked and hit the brakes. End result: boat slides off and hits the concrete ramp.
Vic

Welcome. Nice looking boat! Good find. Dual consoles are my preference.
Just take your time, launching, fishing, and loading. I once saw a guy and his wife attempting to launch a brand-new Tracker. He unhooked both the winch and safety chain. Proceeding down the ramp he panicked and hit the brakes. End result: boat slides off and hits the concrete ramp.
Vic

YIKES, steep learning curve.
I'll bet his wife was pissed!
Oh gosh, again, thanks for the advice
I made a check-list!
And yes: #1 is "Ensure the drain plug" is installed!
(I know it has happened before to smarter guys than me)

Yes sir! I believe you would enjoy our "neck of the woods." That said, I'm really not sure what neck of the woods means.:)
Forgetting the drain plug. Guilty! Many years ago (my first boat) I did that very thing. Fortunately, it had an exposed bilge area and I could insert the plug from the inside. I did take on a lot of water before it realized what happened.
Vic

BTW you remember that winter can look like this over here? :)
IMG_0662.JPG

I think KY is probably pretty, but if I see snow, I’m staying South. Fish are bigger, girls are prettier(no offense), and teeth are not optional........and, etc...
I bought a 2016 Nitro with a Mercury 115; I see little to no posts on this model. Don’t tell me horror stories about launching, tell me about my boat! PLEASE!!

Latest posts

Back