Hi Everyone From Pa.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watersedge116

Reaction score
Hi, recently bought a 93 Nitro 180FS needs some work. For a minimal investment with a running 115 Johnson I have a boat that hopefully will give my grandsons and myself hours of fun fishing..
It is my first boat so any comments and or help would be helpful... thank you in advance..

Welcome to the forum from KY! Wonderful that you are taking the grandkids fishing!

I would suggest: proper safety gear onboard, tune-up related work, water pump performance inspected and/or replaced, lower unit lube changed and inspected, fuel filters replaced, fuel lines inspected, bilge pump working, livewell inspected, batteries load tested.
Trailer lights, tires and bearings could another area as well.

Having a check list might be handy for service and inspections. Also a check list for pre launch and launching the boat. I'll mention a couple of incidents:
  • Many years ago, I had a early 70s stick-steer crappie boat. Fishing by myself, launched the boat and took off on a beautiful morning. Only one problem, I forgot to put the drain plug in. Luckily with those boats you could insert from the inside.
  • Last year, I saw a man launching a new Bass Tracker boat (his first launch). Unhooked everything, including the safety strap before his approach to the ramp. While going down the ramp he got excided and slammed the brakes. His brand-new boat slid off the trailer and hit the concrete. Somehow the engine escaped damage and only superficial damage to the aluminum boat.

Vic

Latest posts

Back