Hey Trepman

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
Trepman before start enjoying yourself too much this weekend I wanted to ask you a question about the water pressure gauge that you got for your 40hp merc. Did you get a gauge that reads 0 - 15 or a 0 - 30lbs. After you answer you are free to enjoy the weekend.

Thanks, Barry

And unfortunetly i've still got to work for 3 1/2 more days!

I was going to ask Jim Lively which gauge was correct for the 40 Merc, but financial pressures tighted by my accounted (also knows as my Wife) put that on-hold till winter. I had a choice for Fathers day of the Water Pressure Gauge, the Boat Buddies retractable tie-downs and the Hydralic Pedestal/Pro Seat combo. I chose the Hydralic Pedestal/Pro Seat combo figuring i'd get the most seat of the pants (so to speak) use quickly from it and LOVE IT.

Jim or Ken (at BPS) can either of you help Barry out, which gauge (and more importantly how much lbs) does the 40 Merc need?

TrepMan

Barry,

Get the 0-15 gauge. Water pressure for the 40 can be anywhere from 7-14 lbs.

Thanks Ken, I knew one of you two would know this.

That's Tracker service for ya!

TrepMan

Trepman:

I understand that a man must keep his accountant (wife) happy. My wife swears that all us fishermen are caught in some kind of conspiracy. She says all we talk about is the boat we want until we get it and then all we talk about is the stuff we need to improve it. Your decision to get the pedestal was a good choice. If you get the gauge this winter it will be a good off-season project. Thanks and now you can go fishing this weekend.

Ken:

Thank you for the information about the pressure gauge. It is so nice to have the BPS support that you provide on so many topics. We appreciate you and your help.

You're very welcome...it's not just a job, it's a passion I share with all of you!!!

Latest posts

Back