Hey there, what's everyone doing these days?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it would be great to just visit a bit and see what's been going on with us.
Have you been boating? camping & boating? or just stuck around the house doing other things?

I'm favorite thing to do when I have a couple of hours, is to get off the normal world and drive up to a little "town" about an hour away. There is a place where you don't hear man-made sounds most of the time. Here's the type of road that refreshes me. How about you?

Green Pollard Hollow.jpg

My health has pretty much grounded me. The only trip on my home lake, Hickory scored my PB spotted bass. Just a tick over 4#.

I've made a handful of trips to Lake Norman with my cousin. We have averaged a dozen bass and two catfish that love Zoom trick worms. My cousin landed a 21.5# cat that took close to an hour on finesse spinning gear!

I'm debating putting new carpet in my Nitro. I think the original 1998 has seen its best. I found someone that can do it now while it's so hot. I've never had old carpet replaced and I was in shock with the $2500 quote. This guy is supposed to be the best and he said 4 to 5 days.

I'm open to advice and I'm about an hour northwest of Charlotte NC.

Oh.....in addition to my back and fused neck keeping me down severe gout in both feet decided to visit me!

Attachments

• 20220401_112953.jpg
    20220401_112953.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 13
I have done a few things that make fishing a little easier on the old body. I use a Boat Buddy to help load the boat. Saves crawling over the trolling motor to hook up the winch. I added some guide poles on the trailer to help guide things straight. Being 80 my shoulders are gone, been repaired a few times, nothing left to repair. Steering the high torque 4 stroke is eased be adding SeaStar power assist steering, game changer for me. After 3 surgeries on my back after about 4 hours using the butt seat I change to a full seat as used by Bill Dance.

Hope some Ideas my help you get more time on the water.

Just got back from fishing Okeechobee with my two sons and a guide, 42 Bass in four hours biggest was 5# even. Returned to the central Texas heat today and ordered a shade tree umbrella stand for my bass boat, I’ve never used one but I’m hoping it will help With the heat.

Getting ready for a fishing trip to Door County WI. Wanted to pull my boat up there (1500 miles one way) but fuel prices make it impossible. Going to fish out of my brothers 16 ft Sylvan tiller for Walleyes and Small Mouths. Putting my boat to sleep for the summer and will wake her up in October when I travel to Dale Hollow Lake TN.

here in ks. its been a choice between pouring rain or howling windor 100 + temp havn't even been out . and no chance lease ran out on truck and new one hasn't got its hitch on yet .
JBoutfishing its a lot easier to recover from a full reverse shoulder replacement than a repair. i'v had both and i am 86. you wont do a pushup any more but no more pain.:)

Gilda Radner once said, " if it ain't one thing, it's another. " That sums up my summer so far. Between a few passing family members, renovation of the interior of the house, which led the now renovations on the exterior; I've only made on fishing trip so far. Good news is my better half is getting a bigger salt water aquarium; the bad news, yup more renovations to hold it.

I clocked out today at 5. I'm off until the 4th. I'll be fishing every day for the next 9 days. We're going to a campground, on Lake Wylie for a few days too.

I thought it would be great to just visit a bit and see what's been going on with us.
Have you been boating? camping & boating? or just stuck around the house doing other things?

I'm favorite thing to do when I have a couple of hours, is to get off the normal world and drive up to a little "town" about an hour away. There is a place where you don't hear man-made sounds most of the time. Here's the type of road that refreshes me. How about you?

View attachment 2319

View attachment 2319

View attachment 2319
been laid up and house bound from covid , wife too. i think i will recover. I got my youngest son to help winterize the boat. he is 60+. bought some new jigs the other day and have been playing with hobby metal lathe and doing some wood working. can go about 2 ot 3 hours before the back and covid hangover all kick in. my motto is dont stop til you do.

That sounds like good things to be doing. I am very sorry to hear you and your wife have covid. I hope you have a very good recovery. Good you can do your woodworking for a period of time.

Just got back from fishing Okeechobee with my two sons and a guide, 42 Bass in four hours biggest was 5# even. Returned to the central Texas heat today and ordered a shade tree umbrella stand for my bass boat, I’ve never used one but I’m hoping it will help With the heat.
So did you use artificial or live bait???

Latest posts

Back