Hey MO/AR guys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Need a little help here. As many of you know, I am representing NY at the TBF championship at Bull shoals in Branson end of March.

I went back in '09 and won my division but my division did horrible! I am sure the competition will be MUCH more intense this time around and I really need to try to win my division again at the least and hopefully Ranger cup too!

If any of you Missouri or Arkansas guys have an tips, I would really appreciate it.

I have found out that the guy that won in '09 Robert Harkness went out for 10 days before the off limits to scout. I am trying to fly out and fish with a friend, but he may not be able to fish due to back surgery. Plus the airfare seems ridiculous!

When we were there in '09 the weather was 75 degrees when we arrived on March 10th but dropped to only 25 degrees overnight and pretty much stayed there for the tourney. The water was about 52 degrees and the fish were in prespawn.

By March 27th to 31st will there be ANY fish on beds? This time we are launching from the opposite end (the dam end) so I am looking to dig the Theodosia Arm apart. If I don't get to fly out, I will only get the 1, that's right 1 day of practice.

Any ideas???

I don't want to get too specific on here for obvious reasons but you guys can e-mail me and I'd be happy to return the favor any time you fish Champlain or 1,000 Islands/Ontario.

I am a MO guy but too much north to fish Bull much. I will say this, this winter SO FAR has been unseasonably warm. I would doubt that water temps are as cold as they normally are this time of year. Keep your eye on the weather and water temp. If the warm winter keeps up, could we possibly looking at an earlier spawn season? that would be one thing to consider. Hit me up a little closer to that date and I may be able to contact some friends down there. I have a buddy on the Nitro team that has a lake house on Bull and may have a good idea by then.

Latest posts

Back