Hey Mac.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Mac, I am going to buy a new Chevy truck. Got the Tahoe in November for the wife, and now it's my turn. I need it for work, and going fishing. I am thinking about the LT ext. cab with the 4.8 v8. Should I upgrade to the 5.3 LS??? Some say better gas milage with the 5.3. You won't prove that by me, the Tahoe gets 14 city at best. Any others who can give advise would be appreciated.

BTW Mac,any discounts??

Bubby:)

Hi Bubby,....Big difference in weight between a P/U truck and a Tahoe,.....so I think the mileage with the 5.3 would be better in the P/U. I had 2 Silverado's,..the last one I had also had the 5.3 and I got @ 15-16mpg on the highway..less while pulling a boat. Personally, I'd probably take the 5.3 just for the extra power, but it depends on how heavy your boat is and how often you're going to pull it, and the gear ratio in the rear axle. You might want to test drive each one and see which one has the best acceleration and just "feels stronger". Make sure they both have the towing pkg too...you will definitely want the trans and oil coolers.

I can get you a friends and family discount, and if it's a left over 2012 model, I do believe they're giving back BIG bucks on those too....get one if you can!! Send me your birthdate, email addy and zipcode, and I will get a discount cert # sent to you tomorrow. Thanks again for supporting us....we sincerely appreciate your business!!:rolleyes:

Mac

Bubby...get the 5.3 for sure and don't get anything less than a 3.42 rear.

I'm getting close to 18 MPG on my SCSB pulling my 185;)

TEE

Bubby and Kevin.......you both have Disc. Cert's in your email!!

Thanks again!

Mac

Mac, didn't receive anything. Funny my brother's name is Kevin. Tee, thanks for the input.

Mac, got it and used it today. New extended cab 2013 1500 Silverado.

Thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back