Hey Mac, GM question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Puhalski

Reaction score
I had heard a rumor that GM was going to discontinue the Astro van sometime soon. Any truth to this that you know of? It would be to bad if it's true. Those Astro's are nice rides.

Eventually they'll be replaced with something similar,...it'll be better forsure!! GM is in the middle of a LOT of design and product changes,....just like they're getting rid of the old S-10 Blazers,.. they're being replaced with the new GMT 360's...aka "Trail Blazers", GMC Envoy, and Olds Bravada. We deffinetely sold a ton of Astro "M" Vans, but there was a lot of room for improvements on those too...especially with the front passenger leg room!! Trust me when I say,...what and when we replace it with,...it'll be MUCH better!! GM's rockin' right now....(except for the Aztec,..LOL..man i HATE that!!)

and with Bob Lutz calling the design shots,....it could get much better...very soon!! BTW, the Aztec is being replaced in 3 yrs....they announced that already...due to poor sales,..Gee,..go figure!!

Mac

Yea! That Aztec is one ugly vehicle! Thanks for the reply on the Astro. If GM can come out with something a little more stylish, but still strong and functionable that would be great.

I was at a product meeting 11/19 and was informed Astro was ending production in 2003, 2004 for sure. It has been a great van for fleet and retail with a terrific following.

Latest posts

Back