Hey Greg Meyer or fatrap

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
...or any other deep water non-bass fishermen. I typically fish for bass in water depths from shallow to 35' or so. There is a deep flat near where I fish and every time I go through there, I mark a lot of fish in depths from 75' to 95'. Any ideas? Walleye? I don't fish with real bait, so I tried a 1/2 jig head and a plastic minnow. No luck. I'd like to catch one to see what they are.

S00059.PNG

Bob,

Any salmon or lake trout ever in that lake? Could be lots of "things".... zombie bass... But, probably not walleye or sauger.

We have lake trout and salmon. Guys troll all day in 100 FOW near the marina where I launch. I don't see them in this area, maybe they are "trash" fish! :D

They could well be Ciscos (Tullabees) or some other baitfish needed for Salmon and Lake Trout (Why I asked about them)

At 90', they seem bigger than baitfish. Typical bait fish are smelt and alewives.

Well, upon further review on the web, we have cisco, whitefish and mooneyes. Maybe I'll try vertical jigging at 90' with a 1/16th oz jig while the wind and waves are blowing me around! NOT!

Ok what kind of lake you on? You have fish on the bottom could be any cold water species. Walleye don't usually go that deep but will if that's where the food is. I's say whitefish or cisco but that's some huge hooks on the screen. Could be salmon or sturgeon, but I think salmon would be closer to the baitfish higher up. Where I fish they kind of hang about 55 feet. Kind of beats me what do the other fishermen on the lake say?

fatrap

This is on Lake Champlain. Haven't really talked to any local fishermen, just something I observed one day when the wind blew me off of a hump I was fishing.

I see all kind of stuff in the depths of Champlain that I never saw until I replaced my console electronics.

S00050.PNG

Probably "Champy" chasing baitfish down low.:lol: Look for a really BIG mark on the depth finder. Put on a two oz jigging spoon some day and go prospecting. Then let US know.

fatrap

Easy, those are all sexual aids that Robay LaMoist hasn't caught yet....:lol::lol:

How's that for going back a few years?

Latest posts

Back