Hey Greg "Gutz",......I have an idea!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Greg,...would you have time to offer some insight and "personal experience stories" about your adventures fishing for the Nitro Nat'l Team this year?? Maybe post a story or two after each of your 2002 tournaments? As far as I know, you're the only person on this site that posts regularly, that is on the Nat'l Team. (If someone else is too, please accept my apologies!!) Personally, I'd love to hear some of your war stories about fishing at that level and how much it differs from the "local or regional" stuff that most of us fish. Your experiences, tips, and insights may very well help someone or a few of us get to that level and help us to prepare for what we can expect. I know your time is valuable and limited due to pre-fishing, travel and family etc, but if you would'nt mind,...man I'd love to hear a few stories about your highlites, your successes and failures and how you've learned from those, to help you become the best fishermen you can be!! I think a lot of other's on this site would love to read them too,.....good luck this season and I sure look forward to reading your posts,....if you want to. Thanks!!!

Mac

I'll second Mac. Would really enjoy hearing from you Greg!

Barb

I'd be happy to feature the stories in a special section of the web site, so they don't get lost as time passes.

That's a cool idea Rich!! Call it, "Tales from the Trails!"..LOL I'm sure his sponsors would love that exposure too!! Greg,...ya gota do it man!!!!!!!!!

Mac

This is a great idea Mac. Greg, we appreciate your consideration of the project. To have an insider's view of major tournaments will be enjoyable reading for all of us.

Bear

This is really neat! It's like being part of something famous. Thanks Greg. Looking forward to following you adventures this year. GOOD LUCK.

GREAT idea, Mac!

You know, I've never enjoyed the shows on the tube from the fishing tournaments..... Probably because there was no one there I found that I could identify with.......

Just think, Greg....... You could bring an attachment to me for the FLW like Dale Earnhardt did with NASCAR some twenty years ago.........

me!

P.S.

Hey, Greg, any chance I can get your autograph? Before you get famous? While you still have time for us, uh........ "little people"! :^)

Oh yeah, and be sure to date it....... So, when I show it to people, I can say "I knew him when......."!

me!

Wow..the wheel is turning the squirrel is fired up and my mind is turning...100 miles per...well it's turning!

Mac, lets say I do the stories and then send them to you. With your artististic minds eye you might toss in an illistration or two for grins and then you send it to Rich.

You know it's already sounding fun.

GregG

We need a title...."Scales and Tales from the Darkside" ???

Bring it on BigDog,.....would love to helpya!! Good title suggestion Kenny,....or how about "Fish Gutz and stinkbait?!"...LOL

Hey, Greg...... Is "Gutz" a nickname that you actually go by? Or just one that "Mad Billy" McElroy dreamed up for you?

If it is a real nickname,..it was by coincidence,..'cuz at the time i wrote the message,..I wasn't sure what the correct spelling of Gutierrez was!! LOL...I just figured "Gutz" would be a cool one!!...ahaahhah...my name is pronounced "MacElroy"..."Mini's" just a nick name for Maniaci (or as our buddy upnorth pronounces it: "Manny-oochi".)...Nicknames are so much easier!! ahaha

Mac

guys, it's not my nick name, all though Biran Velvic, Skeet and a couple other guys use it for short. But what the heck, it sounds kinda funny to me too!

GregG

We don't want to get too wild here! Helen would love

me for my tall stature alone. All 5'3" of me.

GregG

"Gutzie"?!,...sounds like a poodle with distemper!!!!..Our man Greg is a "GUTZ!"....that's a pitbull's name if I've ever heard one!! Sick'em dude,..we expect you to rip into this years competition like it was your duty!! LOL

Latest posts

Back