Hey Dragon or any others with Dale info...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tee,

I found them on the main lake points cranking a DD22 chrome with blue back and a rattle trap 1/2 oz chrome and blue as well 15-20' deep. Just be careful with the trap they had a need to swallow it on me and I mean swallow there are two biguns swimming around with my traps., I just could not killem' to get them back! By the way that tongue falling off spot.....I could not get one off it. They released 10,000 trout there a couple of days earlier and those little guy's beat my lures to death. I must of caught 30-35 of them even on big DD22 cranks it was fun but it don't pay the bills!

By the way thanks a lot Tee for your help.

Good luck,

The Dragon

Why do you want them off the beds?

Dang near impossible to even see beds there Mini...I've seen em spawn as deep as 20 feet and they are tough to bite.

Not like at the great lakes:huh:

I've had two guides tell me what I already know...they'll be on fire and hit anything when they come off..about another week or so;)

Isnt the water clear?

I have caught smallies on inland lakes (Northern Lower Peninsula...ie Charlevoix, Burt, Mullet, Elk, Torch, etc.) in 15-20 feet of water while on beds....its not easy, but it can be done.

It's clear but, to be honest I wouldn't really want to catch em' off the beds anyway.

Just doesn't feel right...I don't even like to watch the pros do it to LM either.

Also the main lake is always clear but, the feeder/spawning creeks always have a green tint to them and that may be part of the problem.

Latest posts

Back