Hey all NJ folks!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I just know Tom Mac and Jim are going to have fun with me on this one but here goes. Can someone please make clear to me the cerebral tranformation that takes place once people get on I-95, (Jersey turnpike). WHAT is so hard to understand that slow moving traffic keeps RIGHT! In all fairness I have seen this starting in NJ, running all the way down to MD. But for the last 2 weekends I have been in NJ and even worse, they will get 3 wide on the road and all go 60 mph. Now for those of yor who know me, that's only 3rd gear, but they can see all the people behind them trying to get by, and they KNOW there are 2 other brain dead drivers to the left or right slowing down traffic, but do they move? NOOOOO! Let's see just how backed up we can get this bad boy. It took me 1.5 hours to go less than 10 miles the other day, 6 lanes backed up at a dead stop, accident you think, construction maybe, NO!!!! Just a merge and a bunch of Sunday drivers holding the rest of the world up for almost 2 stinkin hours. VENT VENT! OK now I'm done. Sorry Tom and Jim, this is not against NJ folks, just bad drivers everywhere. So if you are on the highway some night, and see a BIG burgundy Crown Victoria with NY plates just hovering up in your rearview mirror and you are just merrily poking along in the left (PASSING) lane with no traffic to the right......MOVE! lest you be a speed bump! LOL

Rob

Mac,

I can appreciate it if you are towing something, but these folks are not and just sit there. Plus the buses and trucks do it too. They are not even supposed to be in those 3 lanes. There is an EXTRA 3 lanes for them running parallel. Something not right with that! THAT is why I want to buy a hummer! OOPS was that another BMW? thought it was a pothole!

LOL

Ok Rob...I live a few miles off Exit 8 of the Turnpike.....I'll bet you were stuck between 8-8A-9, thats where about 6 lanes of traffic merge into 3. If that was the spot its a well known bottleneck and one to avoid whenever there is heavy traffic(thats most of the time in NJ). As far as the speed, it seems that on weekdays, the regular commuters, fly really fast up the highway, but on weekends you get the slower driving, ticket conscious, vacationers and Sunday drivers! That's NJ for ya!

Mike,

That's EXACTLY where I was, from 9 all the way to 7 was backed up on Saturday. Took me almost 2 hours to get by those exits. I will know for next time. I would have opted for the parkway, but Tom and Jim tell me "shore traffic" is worse over there than on the pike. I give up. Just gonna buy a tank!

Hey Rob, forgot to tell you that if it rains or there is an accident everyone forgets how to drive period! You were still probably better off than being on the parkway. I notice N.Y. plates coming from the shore going 50 in the fast lane all the time! They won't move even when you get right up on them. Just give them a dose of them nice bright driving lights you seen on the front of my truck! Maybe you need more lights on your car.

Actually Jim, I need that beast of a truck! LOL, I do get people to move out of the way more when I have the Ford, but this past weekend I used my Mom's Honda. Great for mileage and handling, but nobody respects you. Put another ton and a half of metal around it and people start getting out of your way!

Latest posts

Back