HELP!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
Have a good one for you, just bought lowrance elite 7HDI. Going to mount on trolling motor and being as mechanically inclined as I am, I put the bracket on backwards on the tranducer. Got it on half way and became very hard to push. Looked at the picture and figured out I had it on backwards. Now do you think that thing will slide back out, NOOOO!! It is stuck and will not move, any suggestions for this master mechanic??

You are not the first or last to do this.If you will look closely at the slot where the end goes through, you will see the little finger that hooks onto the ridges on the backside of the strap. Get a small screwdriver and push it away from the strap. It will release and you can pull the strap out. Keep the screwdriver in 'til it comes all the way apart.

20131019_164329.jpg
Does your mount look like this?

Try dripping some vegetable oil along the seam. A petroleum based oil might harm the plastic. Let it sit for a while, then, with the flat of the transducer on the edge of a workbench, VERY gently tap the front part of the mount, using a wooden dowel between, with a light hammer. Take your time.

Latest posts

Back