HELP

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Rose

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Avalanche and need touch-up paint Pewter color. Can anyone help me find a can? Dealers in my area all say the same thing. GOOD Luck.

Thanks

Ed

Avalanche as in truck? When I need touch up paint I go to the Auto Paint store. The same ones that the bodyshop's use to mix paint for their work. In most cases they use the code off the VIN number. They also have the capablities of matching the paint with this neat little gizmo that will read the paint and if it's faded or whatever the computer paint mixing machine will make an exact match. I have them mix me a spray can but you can also have mix a pint or so. They can mix it with the clearcoat already in it. I have yet to see it where the paint isn't a spot on match.

fatrap

Thank You for your reply. It's a Tracker Avalanche Bass Boat and I am having a hard time finding a can of touch up paint. Thanks again.

Ed

same thing....paint.....I got my touch up paint from auto paint store. Had to bring my Tracker Tundra down to the store and they matched it up perfect. I got a large spray can. I got some scratch filler and a rubber squeege. Filled the scratches and wet sanded with 600grit then sprayed the paint on. You can't tell where the scratches were. Might want to call first.

fatrap

fatrap I have to learn to read the whole reply. I got as far as truck. I will search out a auto paint store and try them. Thanks for the info. I never would have thought of it.

Thanks,

ED

Fatrap, I picked up my paint today, great advise.

Thanks again

Ed

Glad it worked out for you. I went to high school with the auto paint guy and he made sure it was a perfect match. When I was running a glass boat I had them make me some to touch up my midnight blue metalic. It wasn't a bad match.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back