help with livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john allen2

Reaction score
I have a 1995 190TF and my livewell has a small leak. There is not a crack in the live well so I feel its in the drain area of the livewell. I have tried high pressured water and air but it still leaks. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

John

I have a front live well on my Stratos that I 'thought' leaked (long story not worthy of your question). I could never get it fixed even though it had all types of sealant applied around the fitting.

I took the large screened filter that was used and came with the boat (screwed into the drain hole), and put a large rubber 'cover' on it with a ring clamp. Problem solved. I got it from the plumbing section of Lowe's and it fit almost perfectly.

Additionally, you 'may' have a line in the boat tied to your drain that is leaking. Most of my drain lines from my live wells are under the decking/gas tank and I could never tell.

Tex

Tex gives you great advice on the livewell leak. It can seem like chasing a ghost at times. Loose clamps are the first place to check. I've tightened one up that was positively the leak, only to have another one start dripping. :wacko: Like weak links in a chain. It's a pain and you'll find yourself contorting in ways you never thought possible, but you'll want to thoroughly inpect and verify all clamps, joints, valves, fittings, etc... on the complete system, if you want to do it only once. You might get lucky and find a problem and you're done, but in all likelihood, another will pop up sooner than later. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back