Help with Humminbird helix 7 SI transducer installation on 2020 z19 sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nmorgan83

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Im wondering if any one uas installed a SI transducer on a z19 sport any pictures or guidance would be a huge help.
Thanks,
Neil

NMorgan,

On the Z18, I mounted mine of the stepped up part of the hull starboard side. I have the Atlas Jack so the engine lower housing never blocks a side scan when the engine is fully down. I lose signal when the step clears the water going on plane but it has been a safe and trouble free location for me so far. I have a garmin transducer on the Port side and they don't interfere with each other as far as I can tell.

Check out transducer shield. I mounted mine to my jack plate without drilling holes in Mack plate or transom. I got the extended bracket and idle along up to about 10 mph and still get a good reading. I don’t have a picture on my phone although if I get home for lunch I can take one. The brackets are well built, and they protect your transducer. Made in America too!

This is what a jackplate mount with extension looks like;

Thanks guys, i dont have a jack plate on mine.
I do have a fab shop and might be able to get it around that location depending on where my motor comes when trimmed all the way down.

Having clearance for the Compact SI transducer is not too bad, but the MEGA SI+ transducer is a different story:

Latest posts

Back