HELP with battery troubles

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Lorton

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old Interstate cranking battery 24 series. The problem is the battery goes dead quickly. When I charge it with my automatic charger it will charge for 10 mins then switch to trickle mode (full charge shut off). I can then cycle the trim up, down, then up once more and the battery is dead. I have to use the charger to get the motor back down. All cells are full. Any ideas?

Jerry, sounds like a dead cell. The only way to know for sure is to take it to an Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc., And have them load test it. There is no charge for this, and it's really the only way to be certain.

Good luck,

Bruce

The first thing to check with all of your batteries is the water leval in them, unless Interstate has chnged their design, it is low on water, you need to check them every couple of weeks for water levals. I had them in my 896 and had nothing but trouble with them, from that very problem. Interstate told me I was over charging them, NOT, I am an ASE Master mechanic, they refused warranty. Kind of funny the same charger has been charging my Delcos wince then and have never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back