HELP....Transom Drain Plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New owner of a 1998 Nitro 700 LX and found that the transom drain plug is missing. I don't have a manual (which sucks) and I need to know what size drain plug I need to get. I went to Bass Pro and they were worthless in helping me. If anyone knows I would be most grateful if I could be pushed in the right direction.

The hole is threaded....just not sure what I am looking for...plastic, brass, stainless Steel....but I do know the drain threads are plastic.

Paul, you might stick your finger the hole and see if it is threaded or not, that would help you eliminate types.

I went to walmart and picked up a couple extra drain plugs.Made by "Atwood". Universal fit as far as I know.

Are the plugs typically plastic or brass.....I am not looking for a garboard plug....right...just a plastic plug as threads are plastic in boat.

Paul,

Contact Mare of Aquia at 540-657-1136. They are located at 1290 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA. Right near the Stafford Airport exit off of I-95. I bought my last 3 boats from them. Friendly, helpful bunch of guys.I'm sure they can help you . I bought a drain plug for one of mine from them. It was lastic, with threads too.

Thanks Ken.....I will call them in the morning. Do you have a good place you would recommend for servicing and so on...that you have grown to trust.

I see they service and repair also...and do yearly maintenance items also. I am new to this ( was a Jon boat captain before buying this boat...lol) so I am an extreme newbie to this boat. But the BASS are calling.

Paul - I purchased a Tracker from Mare of Aquia as well a number of years ago. Liked them and their service. They always treated me well. Almost bought a Ranger from them until I found my current boat (G3 HP180) in a private ad. If Sam is still there, he's a good guy to deal with. I believe the lead service guy was Ken (not the same Ken on the board). He always did a good job with my Tracker on the few times things that needed fixing.

BPS has these on the shelf. Not expensive at all. Mine is an '05 750, if it is threaded it is probably the same one.I'd get 2 of these, I keep an extra in my glove box just in case.

Jim,

Dropped the boat off at Mare of Aquia today.....Richard and Ken are awesome. They are going to check it all over , install a new transom plug w/ retainer, reveal under the bump rail , replace the impeller to be safe and grease up he lower case. Should be ready to go by Friday.....Lake on Saturday.

He also checked the transom plate and said it was in good shape...whew!...he also called Tracker to check for ny HIN issues on my boat and none found...good news.

Toxic,

Wow....alot of people on here from Virginia. Thats awesome. As a new NITRO boat owner is there any advice you can impart on a rookie like myself. This is my first real bass boat as I have been jon boating it for years. Not to offend jon boat owners...when I mean real I mean....real as in fiberglass type...man I am gonna offend people already....geesshhhh.....

I think everyone knows what I mean....;)

Doesn't matter what you run, there are a lot of Tin boats on here as well as Glass boats. A lot of friendly ribbing goes on. My best advice is to learn your boat, learn how to drive your boat, learn how to fix a lot of things on your boat and most of all have fun with it. Wear your life jacket (PFD) every time the big motor is running and learn the limitations of your rig. Safety first on the water.

Ugh...no boating this weekend. They need a few more days to examine the boat and add a few things I wanted done. Maybe next weekend.

Latest posts

Back