1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Help Picking First Boat

Thread in 'Nitro & Tracker Owners' started by Nluft2007, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Nluft2007

Nluft2007 New Member

As the title shows I am thinking about purchasing my first boat. I would like a fishing/family oriented boat. Two that I have been looking at are the tracker pro guide v175 combo with a 115hp mercury, the second is a nitro z19 sport with a 150hp mercury. I live in Michigan so we have a big mix of small and large lakes. Would like something big enough to take in the bays of the Great Lakes but yet small enough for the smaller lakes. Also would like a boat that I could use for tubing. Any advise is appreciated. As I said, this would be my first boat so I am pretty clueless.

2. Kerz

Kerz Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!
    Can't really help on a fish/ski type boat. I've always had fishing boats. Bought my first new bass boat last year, Z18 Nitro. 18 foot is plenty fine for two fisherman, at least in my case. For sport application you might consider something longer.
    The deep V design would have advantages in the rougher water.
    Vic

3. carlyle2

carlyle2 New Member

I owned a Tracker V175 with a 90hp for a couple years and really liked it. I presently own a Tracker 195 TXW bass boat, but seriously looked at the Targa 18 and Z19 Sport before deciding on a pure fishing boat. I think you can ski or tube behind either the Z19 or V175 and the family will be comfortable in either. If you are going to be bass or crappie fishing often, I personally would prefer the Z19 over the V175 just because the decks are more flush with the top of the boat
    so it will be easier to cast and retrieve and the heavier fiberglass will give you a smoother ride and won't blow around as much in the wind. You won't be disappointed with the V175 for fishing either if you prefer something lighter, slightly cheaper, and higher sides.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk