Help me spend my $200 BPS gift certificate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Cooke

Reaction score
Last year I had 4 of my best rod/reel outfits stolen from my boat. I am now in the process of rebuilding. In your opinion or from your experience, is it recommended to invest more money in the rod and less in the reel or put the dollars in the reel and less in the rod? I have always felt that since the reel is in constant use and the most obvious that you should spend it on the reel but I have heard the opposite. All my rods to date have been BPS Bionic Blades. I have never fished with an "AllStar" or "Falcon" brand rod. How do the BPS Bionic Blade rod and and the All Star/Falcon rods compare? Ken or Craig, recommendations are welcomed. The money is burning a hole in my pocket! Thanks to all of you for your help and input. Your opinions and suggestions are truely valued.

Bionic Blades are decent rods, but they pale in comparison to an AllStar,......both in weight and construction. The new Pro Qualifiers are AWESOME!!! Very light and well built,..MUCH better than a Falcon or 'Blade!!!

just my .02..

mac

Buy Allstar. You can't beat the 5 year no hassle replacement warrenty if the rod Breaks for any reason. That how they sell them at Norther bass. Castaway has the same 5 years also. I own an SJ1 rod . I will be buying allstars as my other rods wear out

Bionic Blades are decent for the money, but check out the BPS Extreme rod...great value. The majority of my rigs are Extremes or All-Star rods.

BPS has a combo on sale right now...Shimano Curado with a BPS Extreme for $129.98.

We have another decent combo for less money...BPS Extreme Baitcaster for $69.99...you get an XPS Performance Graphite rod free...not the greatest rod, but the combo is a great value.

All Stars have a LIFETIME replacement warranty when purchased at any BPS store!!..Not just 5 yrs!!

You can't beat that warranty,..........NOBODY can,.......it's the best warranty in the industry, but it's only true if you buy it at the BPS stores,.......save your receipt and take it in with you if you ever break an All Star......they'll replace it on the spot,.....no hassles!! SAVE THE RECEIPT!!!!!!!

Mac

Love the All-Stars, but they are a bit too pricey. Just picked up a couple of the BPS Extreme Woo Daves Signature worm rods. $59.99 on sale (regularly $99.99). Also, if you buy from the BPS catalog at the regular price, it's buy 2 get 1 free.

Craig

The All Star Classic series rods are on sale for $25.00 off at any BPS Spring Classic event. I do not know if the catalog will give the same price or not. IM8 blank, fuji guides, LIFETIME warranty on all models of All Star rods and the BEST part.....MADE IN THE USA!!!!!

Mini

Latest posts

Back