Help...axle trailer spindle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess Yaj

Reaction score
I had a tracker 17ft trailer that came with my 1991 nitro 160tf...earlier this morning coming back from night fishing ...as soon as pulling in driveway to stored boat n trailer away...I smell grease burning...turn out my washer, cutter pin came off leaving hub and bearing to burned and scrap off my axle nuts leaving spindle all mess up...

Now I'm trying to see if these trailer axle is one whole piece or can I somewhat just replaced that bad spindle only...any help will be appreciated...need to fixed ur before dday tournament on June 7

Generally speaking, ya the spindle is part of the axle. So it may just be toast. Good news is that it is not expensive and you can dump that trailstar axle it came with. I have delt with tracker trailer issues in the past. Replace the axle and get one that is called spindle through the hub design. I have bought all my axle / trailer stuff from championtrailers.com - the only thing they do is boat trailers. They know their stuff and the quality they have is bar none. And the prices are good. You need to figure out how much your rig weighs. The axle rating needs to match what you carry on your trailer. The rating will be like 3000-4000 lbs or whatever. When you buy a spindle through the hub axle from Champion, they come with the hubs pre-packed with grease and all you gotta do is attach it to your leaf springs. Oh and you gotta tell them is your axle under or over the leaf springs. Call them on the phone. They are way cool dude. Good luck man. I have been in your shoes before on the 10 fwy in goodyear arizona in the middle of nowhere with a blown axle !

Generally speaking, ya the spindle is part of the axle. So it may just be toast. Good news is that it is not expensive and you can dump that trailstar axle it came with. I have delt with tracker trailer issues in the past. Replace the axle and get one that is called spindle through the hub design. I have bought all my axle / trailer stuff from championtrailers.com - the only thing they do is boat trailers. They know their stuff and the quality they have is bar none. And the prices are good. You need to figure out how much your rig weighs. The axle rating needs to match what you carry on your trailer. The rating will be like 3000-4000 lbs or whatever. When you buy a spindle through the hub axle from Champion, they come with the hubs pre-packed with grease and all you gotta do is attach it to your leaf springs. Oh and you gotta tell them is your axle under or over the leaf springs. Call them on the phone. They are way cool dude. Good luck man. I have been in your shoes before on the 10 fwy in goodyear arizona in the middle of nowhere with a blown axle !
Thanks for responding...I found someone locally that fixed it...he cut it off and attach a new set into it and weld it back on...will be testing out this weekend to see if it's good...

Latest posts

Back