Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Williams

Reaction score
I just bought this boat a little over a month ago and have taken it out 4 times or so.

Its not my first boat.. so I'm experienced with getting boats on plane.. but damn this boat is a tuff one!

this is 20' 2" and paired with the Mercury 225 Dfi (3.0l)..

Currently I'm replacing spark plugs with NGK IZFR5G Laser Iridium Spark Plug, replacing the air filter, lower gear oil, fuel filter, and adding a SE 400 Hydro Foil!

I'm hoping maybe some of this will help.. any thoughts?

I just bought this boat a little over a month ago and have taken it out 4 times or so.

Its not my first boat.. so I'm experienced with getting boats on plane.. but damn this boat is a tuff one!

Currently I'm replacing spark plugs with NGK IZFR5G Laser Iridium Spark Plug, replacing the air filter, lower gear oil, fuel filter, and adding a SE 400 Hydro Foil!

i c

i have a 2001 911 cdc with the 225 EFI and it loves Champion QL77CC plugs per the Mercury Shop Manual. I have to trim the motor all the way down each time I take off and it planes easily. Make sure your prop has at least 2 of the 3 exhaust plastic plugs in it or that may cause problems. I tried running mine with only one plug in the prop and I couldn’t get it in plane either. Put the plug back in so I had two and no problem getting on plane. That could be your problem. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back