Hello

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BassAss4

My name is Brady im located in OC, Ca and recently purchase my first big boat in the form of a 2007 tracker 190 with a Mercury 115...

have a few questions for any 190 owners

-How many batteries should I be running ( on the boat I have 45 lbs troller, Stereo , Elite 4 HDI )
-Where should I install the three bank charger ( Minn Kota 315d )

My name is Brady im located in OC, Ca and recently purchase my first big boat in the form of a 2007 tracker 190 with a Mercury 115...

have a few questions for any 190 owners

-How many batteries should I be running ( on the boat I have 45 lbs troller, Stereo , Elite 4 HDI )
-Where should I install the three bank charger ( Minn Kota 315d )

Hello Brady! Welcome to the community. I'm not a 190 owner, so I'm not qualified to answer your question. However I would suggest posting your question in the main discussion area where it would get more traction.

We hope you stay around and join in on the discussions and be a part of this awesome group.

Good luck on your search for answers.

welcome to the looney bin ahhh forums ;) Can't answer all your questions since one (charger placement) is strictly a personal choice I too don't know what the bilge area of your boat looks like. You only have the one battery for the trolling motor at this point but you might want to be upgrading to a 24 volt in the future, so keep that in mind when you're mounting that charger. If its anything like my 175 TF, then there isn't much bilge space for 3 batteries.

Welcome, be sure to look at the ventilation requirements for the charger, I have seen a number of negative comments about chargers overheating and burning up just due to lack of ventilation. The only comment on your batteries is remember that your best battery is only as good as your worst battery. Again welcome.

Welcome, be sure to look at the ventilation requirements for the charger, I have seen a number of negative comments about chargers overheating and burning up just due to lack of ventilation. The only comment on your batteries is remember that your best battery is only as good as your worst battery. Again welcome.

Sage advice there!

I just purchased a MotorGuide 2 bank 10 amp charger. The manual with it indicates both batteries should be the same brand/CCA-MCA. Also that both batteries be replaced at the same time, guess I'm due mine are almost 6 years old.

wow, that's good service and you're pushing your luck. What batteries where those?

Latest posts

Back