Hello! What is the worth of this boat- 1955 chriscraft capri ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iloas34

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is appropriate here. To make a long story short, I'm hoping someone can tell me how much my grandfather's 1955 chriscraft bla-bla is worth.
This boat is unfamiliar to me. This is my grandfather's boat, which he left behind when he died. He is a Pacific Northwest sports fisherman.
I spent most of my vacations as a child with my grandfather, and I had even accompanied him on a few occasions when he went Day-sailing.
I dislike sailing, likewise my husband. I've only sailed a couple of times in the past years! This is because I get seasick, have water-related trauma, and am terrified of various aquatic creatures. I'm going to accept the fact that I don't enjoy it.
Although I've learned that many people enjoy sailing when it's quiet and the sound of the water flowing around the hull is incredibly relaxing, I don't feel the same way. There is a shift in perspective as what's going on on land no longer matters, and it becomes frightening. Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• boats1.jpg
    boats1.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 58
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is appropriate here. To make a long story short, I'm hoping someone can tell me how much my grandfather's 1955 chriscraft bla-bla is worth.
This boat is unfamiliar to me. This is my grandfather's boat, which he left behind when he died. He is a Pacific Northwest sports fisherman.
I spent most of my vacations as a child with my grandfather, and I had even accompanied him on a few occasions when he went Day-sailing.
I dislike sailing, likewise my husband. I've only sailed a couple of times in the past years! This is because I get seasick, have water-related trauma, and am terrified of various aquatic creatures. I'm going to accept the fact that I don't enjoy it.
Although I've learned that many people enjoy sailing when it's quiet and the sound of the water flowing around the hull is incredibly relaxing, I don't feel the same way. There is a shift in perspective as what's going on on land no longer matters, and it becomes frightening. Any help will be appreciated
Be careful before you let that one go- it could be worth a small fortune to a collector..
You will need to do some research and (or) talk to some vintage boat folks about that one.
It is a beautiful watercraft for sure! Please come back and let us know what you find out about it's value?

That's a beautiful boat, looks literally new. When was the last time it sailed?

If that is a legit going for price then that description isn't what it appears to be. That boat is worth more than $65,000. Heel for that much I would buy it just to sit in front of my place for bragging rights.

Looks like $50K to $60K is average value, yours looks cherry so could be worth quite a bit more

I guess there is a lot of unknowns about his listing. Is there a trailer, does it run, when was the last time on the water, what is the serial number.
I did a little research there was only 170 of these built.
The listing I posted was a general number. There was some cheaper and some higher. The thing to remember is limited numbers don’t drive the price it’s what someone is willing to pay. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice looking boat.
If is has sat dry for years there is a lot of things that could affect price, seals, bad gas, how is the engine, no trailer and on and on.

Latest posts

Back