Hello Fellow Boaters. It Is A Pleasure To Be Here!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew

Reaction score
I purchased a 2001 Nitro 288 Fish n Ski boat and trailer last August. Love the boat, but I am having some trouble landing the boat on the trailer. It is a very low profile trailer and I am having problems keeping the bow ABOVE the roller when winching her up! Is anyone experiencing, or have experienced trouble with this?
Thank you so much, it is great to have the opportunity to ask Nitro related questions!
Matt

Welcome, I am not sure what you mean, your bow eye should come to the winch roller/stop. I normally back down, wet the bunk boards and pull back to where the tires are about half submerged and then drive on.

Thank you for your reply. More times than not, I have to physically lift the boy to get it on the roller! It will not winch itself over the roller! Kind of hard to explain, but it usually involves backing off and trying several times to be able to winch the bow onto the roller. . .

Does anyone know of guide on bunk boards or something to help me get my Nitro 288 centered when loading on the trailer better? It has the optional 225 hp Mercury engine. Would this heavier engine make loading on the trailer more difficult, in that the rear end tends to float out side to side when trying to get her straight on the trailer?
Thanks,
Matt, frustrated boat loader!

Latest posts

Back