Hello all

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Young

Reaction score
I'm new to the Nitro family I just purchased a 1998 Nitro 912 savage four days ago it was garage kept for the last 10 years never ran and I picked it up this past Saturday ran it all day Sunday no problem's took it out Monday afternoon unloaded off the trailer went about a mile down the lake fished for about three hours went to take off back to the dock and it ran fine for thirty seconds then a alarm came on and it wouldn't let me go over idle

IMG_6937.jpg
so any input would be great thank you

Welcome to the forum, Keith. Hope it's just minor. By chance can you share a pic of your boat?

I'm new to the Nitro family I just purchased a 1998 Nitro 912 savage four days ago it was garage kept for the last 10 years never ran and I picked it up this past Saturday ran it all day Sunday no problem's took it out Monday afternoon unloaded off the trailer went about a mile down the lake fished for about three hours went to take off back to the dock and it ran fine for thirty seconds then a alarm came on and it wouldn't let me go over idle

View attachment 2652so any input would be great thank you
I think thats the engine overheat light on (I could be wrong about that) but if I am right I would check that the cooling system is working properly. You could have a bad water pump, clogged lines, there could be numerous things wrong. I know I'm not much help. Good luck to you and let us know what you find out.

Nice boat! Welcome to the group!
If that motor has sat for 10 years and now you are over heating it, my first guess would be water pump like Bobsizz suggested. The impeller is probably dry rotted and broke apart. If you can wrench and are willing to try it, I would search YouTube by your motor's particular info (year, horse power, optimal etc.) and impeller/ waterpump. Someone has posted a video on how to change that out.

Latest posts

Back