Hello all

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8steven

Reaction score
While I have had many boats in my time, this is my first Nitro. 2007 nitro 750nx 90 HP Mercury (2 stroke)

I recently picked up this neglected beauty - previous owner said it was only sitting for a year.... Ha!

- The registration stickers expired in 2019 (batteries were shot as well)
- The tires had sunk at least 2+ inches into the yard
- Seats and carpet rotted
- Steering and shifter frozen solid (rusted cables)

But engine had good compression so I threw a number I would be comfortable with and they accepted.

After I got it home - I got it running... and have been doing all the neglected maintenance. Steering and shifter fixed via new cables. Replacing seats/carpet etc.

I will be back on the water soon!

20220308_145550.jpg

Nice Rig... Do yourself a favor, replace the water pump, thermostat, drain and refresh the power trim pump oil, have the carbs cleaned by a professional, drain and clean the oil injection system, install a new fuel filter along with a NEW ethanol compliant fuel line. I had the same motor on a 2000 Bayliner 1802 for 14 years and was a really great motor. Go with new load range D tires. I suggest getting AGM battries instead of Lead Acid.

We must be related somehow... As we think alike!! :)

I have already replaced spark plugs, thermostat, fuel filter, fuel lines & trim pump oil. I pumped all the old fuel out of tank and I have also rebuilt the carbs.
This weekend I will be replacing water pump and lower unit oil.

My oil level sensor is making the alarm sound... so I will be draining that tank and fixing that too.

Completely agree on D range tires and AGM.

Thanks for all the good advice!

Welcome. Enjoy the forum and your boat. The maintenance job sounds great. Are you back on the water already?:)

Not yet. I am in process of replacing carpet. A few electrical fixes remain... (1 livewell pump worked, 1 did not and bilge did not). Within a few weeks though!

Glad to have to have you. Hope to see ya on the water soon! Sounds like you got a great deal!

Not yet. I am in process of replacing carpet. A few electrical fixes remain... (1 livewell pump worked, 1 did not and bilge did not). Within a few weeks though!
So excited for you, good luck. Will you keep us posted? Thanks.:)

Great job on that boat. Don't know if you can get that old of a decal, I'm sure some of the new ones would work.

Latest posts

Back